Sunday, April 23, 2017

Art thou weary?

I liked the feeling of sharing a hymn with all of you yesterday.  I decided to share a hymn every day this week.  It's to comfort myself, as I prepare for my brother's funeral, but I pray that the words of the hymn writers will be a blessing in your life as well.

ART THOU WEARY?
Adapted by Dawn Bornemann

Art thou weary,
Art thou languid,
Art thou sore distressed?
"Come to Me," Saith ONE,
"And, coming,
Be at rest."

Hath He marks to
Lead me to Him,
If He be my Guide?
In His feet and hands
 Are wound-prints,
And in His side.

Is there diadem,
as a Monarch,
That His brow adorns?
Yes, a crown,
In very surety,
But one of thorns.

If I still hold
Closely to Him,
What hath He at last?
Sorrow vanquished,
Labor ended,
And Jordan passed.

If I ask Him,
To receive me,
Will He say me 'Nay'?
Not till Earth and
Not till Heaven
Both shall pass away.

Finding, following,
Keeping, struggling,
Is He sure to bless?
Saints, apostles,
Prophets, martyers
ALL answer, "YES!"

No comments:

Are you Ready to Reign?

 Hi everyone,   It's getting busy here as Winter has officially ended!!  YAY  When the temps reach the upper 60s and lower 70s, I would ...