Tuesday, September 22, 2020

God's Fall blessings

HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!!

From my childhood years (and on) Summer has always been my favorite season. There's no school.  Gardens are growing.  As a girl, we lived right by the lake in Eureka where happy children splashed and laughed under the hot sun all day!  Summer is FUN!!!

As a young mom I still loved Summer best!  My children loved splashing in the creek behind the barn.  All 3 of them had their own little gardens in my garden.  I can remember them joyfully eating fresh peas right out of the pod as they pulled weeds?  NOTHING BETTER!

As the MS in my body progressed, I began to notice that cold weather made me hurt even more.  Summer, on the other hand, warms my limbs and brings new strength. So yes, Summer is GREAT!

I can recall going into deep depressions as my precious Summers waned.  It's much better now that I take a Vitamin D supplement but I still am not shouting out today to the world, "Yay, Summer is over!"  

It is important to me today, then, to be careful not to fall into negative thinking!  I realize that I need to choose a good attitude at the start of Autumn.  I decided to go in search of some Fall poetry. Christian poetry always fills me with a calm gratitude for life as it is.  Even though it is hard to say "Goodbye" to my wonderful Summer, life is good in Autumn, too, when God is walking through it with me!!

I pray that this poem blesses your day.  Life with the Lord IS filled with blessings all year long!  Some days it's harder to see, but with the Lord walking beside me, life is GOOD no matter what the season it is!!  Amen?

Happy Fall to all!

Dawn


No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...