Friday, February 26, 2010

The miracle of my aching finger

This is a REALLY strange and wonderful story. Robert had sent me a card, when I was in collage 30 years ago, which said on the outside, "Ours is a strange and wonderful relationship." On the inside it said, "You're strange and I'm wonderful." I laughed so hard as it was 100% true. :) It has stuck in my mind all of these years as an interesting combination of adjectives. Well, this story is in that category as you shall soon see.

About 3 months ago I got an infection in my middle finger on my left hand. It was very troublesome and didn't seem to respond to all of my usual treatments. I upped my Vitamin C first of all, but it just kept getting worse. I put salt in my whirlpool water, when I soaked, but the finger kept getting worse. I tried different things for the skin itself, but the swelling grew and it started to hurt. Finally I tried what I use on abscesses in the goats and that pulled out most of the swelling. I mixed lemon and lavender essential oils in a base oil and put this mixture on day and night. After a few days, the abscess popped open and there was cleansing, but it has remained a bit swollen to this day.

Shortly after the abscess popped open, the finger started to shed it's skin. This is very common in the animals, after they've had a fever in an area, so I didn't think a thing of it. However, it became a bit of a concern as I watched the fever move up into the finger and take the outer layer of skin off with it. I noticed that, as the infection moved up the finger, the line between the good skin and the bad skin was red with infection and it was itchy there. Pretty soon the skin started peeling off the finger all around by the tip. This was when it cracked open and bled when I was working outside and it was getting old FAST.

Two weeks ago, this lovely process had spread half way up to the knuckle when I went in to have a BodyTalk session with Tone-Lise. I felt led to work with her (even though Elizabeth will ALWAYS be MY BodyTalk practitioner as she is the one who saved my life) because I was feeling the need for in person sessions and Elizabeth lives over 3 hours away from me.

So 2 weeks ago (which was my 5th session with TL), I found myself reliving events when I was 4 years old--at the beginning of the abuse. It was soooooooooo real and I was reminded once again how EVERYTHING that has ever happened to us is stored in the subconscious brain. Tone-Lise is studying PaRama, which are the collage level courses in BodyTalk, so she has much to bring to sessions that I can't do for myself--of course she charges more than I charge too.

Anyway, after that session I felt like someone had driven a Mack truck over me for the following 2 days. WOW--it's like, "We're REALLY dealing with the core problem here." THAT WAS ROUGH, but I noticed something interesting. After that session, the track of the infection up my finger stopped. The line between the good skin and the bad skin was still red and the whole finger inflamed somewhat, but it stopped spreading.

Well, on Wednesday I had another session with TL and I told her about all of this. She said, as she is wont to do, "Interesting," and immediately reached for Louise Hay's book which has a chart of all of the emotions that are stored in the body parts. She looked up from the book and even she was amazed as she read to me, "The emotions that are stored in the middle finger on the left hand are FEAR and SEXUALITY." WOW--is that strange and wonderful or what??????

The session we did then will stick in my mind forever. We went back into that nightmare of a childhood, but with a new focus. TL said, "OK, you've probably relived this thousands of times but have probably always focused on him and the fear that he produced. This time, as I tap, I want you to go back and focus on the angels who were present with you at that time."

I took a deep breath and prayed a quick prayer that I have prayed before, "Lord, IF you were there that day, please help me to know it so that I don't feel so all alone." As Tone-Lise tapped on my head and heart, I opened up my mind to the possibility that God REALLY was with me in my darkest hours.

OH FOR JOY!!! The Lord gave me a vision then. I saw the room filled with angels whom I had not ever seen before when I had revisited this scene. THEY WERE THERE WITH ME--I WAS NOT ALONE!!!! Somehow I came to understand that God Himself saved my life that day and I lay in awe that I really AM here for a Holy purpose. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now about my finger, this is what I've come to understand. So many times I have seen God Himself prepare people for their sessions. I believe that He was preparing me for these very deep sessions, by drawing my attention to my need to deal with this through my finger. Once again I have become awed how the mind affects the body. It's like my finger was getting the message, "It's time to deal with that deep dark secret now. Bring it to the light so that it can be cleansed and healed."

It's now been 2 days since that session and I can actually type without my finger hurting me. The infection is no longer climbing up my finger; the redness at the line of meeting is almost gone; and the skin is starting to take on a nice, red color. The peeling of the old skin has almost stopped which looks kind of funny as it almost peeled all the way around. I took a few pictures so that you can try to see it but pictures can't really capture something like this. Still, for what it's worth, here they are.

You can see the swelling around the joint and further up is the line where the peeling off stopped.

A shot more from the side to show the swelling. This is after 3 months of pain and inflammation.

This is the underside. You can see the new skin is on the tip and the old skin that hasn't all peeled off is visible a little further up the finger. Just looking at it makes me cringe as this has
NOT been a pleasant experience for me! Still, I am reminded that sooner or later I can come to see that, "All things work together for good to those who love the Lord; who are called according to His purposes." AMEN?

I realize that this may be the most odd post you'll ever read, but I just wanted to share this with you. My goal is to help you understand that many things are happening in your body right now that most likely are caused from emotional factors which have been stored throughout your entire lifetime.

In BodyTalk sessions, we help the mind to heal so that the body also can heal. This is incredible to me and, although I do not wish to sound like a broken record, I urge you to prayerfully consider getting BodyTalk sessions to help you to deal with your health issues. I don't care who you go to, only PLEASE consider finding a BodyTalk practitioner near you for ANY health concerns that you may have--no matter how strange they may seem!!! The results that are available through BodyTalk sessions are absolutely wonderful and there's nothing strange about THAT!

To your health,

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...