Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Look for the beauty

Sometimes God feels so close to me that I can hear His voice. Just now I was lying down for a short nap before my next session. I told Him that I am starting to get stressed out about going to work in my office in Bismarck tomorrow. After all, it was after working there last week that I went into 5 days of bed rest from stress.
"I'm starting to get nervous about tomorrow, Lord," I said.
"Just get quiet before me now," I heard, "and I will tell you a great secret."
I held my breath and prayed to hear His voice longer.
"When you are stressed, all you need to do is look for beauty around you in something which I have created. You are in the habit of looking at the stress and it gets you more and more anxious. What you need to do is to get in the habit of looking for something beautiful which I have created EVERY TIME that you get stressed. After awhile, you will learn to look for the beauty in the situation which is stressful. THEN YOU WILL KNOW THAT ALL THINGS I SEND YOUR WAY TRULY ARE BEAUTIFUL."
I'm stunned. After a life of what I have termed mostly ugly and hurtful experiences, God just told me that all of it had some beauty in it--I JUST COULDN'T SEE IT!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!
Well, I need to go do the session now but I just HAD to share this insight with you. I pray that it will help all of you who are, like I have been doing, focusing on the stress rather than the beautiful thing which the Lord must certainly have placed nearby to help make it bearable. WOW!

2 comments:

Tamera said...

What an incredibly wonderful moment with your REAL Daddy! Isn't He wonderful???

Anonymous said...

You are right, Tamera! When I think of the awesome love of my REAL daddy, sometimes it doesn't even hurt about that person who sired me. Still, while he lives, I can't help hoping.............
Blessings,
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...