Saturday, February 27, 2010

ANTICIPATION

Do you remember that old TV commercial for Heinz ketchup with the song, ANTICIPATION, playing? We don't have TV anymore so I don't even know if that is still on or not, but it came to mind right now. The people were holding the bottle upside down waiting for the ketchup to start flowing out of the bottle. Well, that is exactly how I am feeling right now.
You see, I had a VERY interesting experience yesterday which has raised my anticipation levels for today. Well, I have been feeling the urgency to go and see my dad for some reason. Yesterday, when I was talking to him on the phone, I told him to ask the cooks at the assisted living facility where he lives to prepare supper for our family for tonight. He said, "Maybe we'll just go to the Lyric." This was very unusual for him as he's always been the biggest Scrooge since Scrooge. He gets his meals "Free" at the facility, so to go to the Lyric would mean shelling out cash which he despises doing!!!!!!!!!!

I said, "Well, it doesn't make any difference to me as I pay either way."

Then he totally shocked me and said, "NO, I AM GOING TO PAY!!!!!!!!!" If you would know my dad, you would know that this is equivalent to our government suddenly deciding to honor God.
I felt around for some anchor in that moment and, finding him sincere, I laughed and said, "That sounds even better." SO THIS IS THE PRAISE OF THE MILLENNIUM--MY DAD IS TAKING US OUT FOR SUPPER TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
I would appreciate any prayers that you could send my way as I do feel as though the world just tipped upside down and I'm not sure if it's for real or not. Still, he has had 10 full-length BodyTalk sessions with me, and lots of little ones, so perhaps it HAS made a dent. Also, I'm wondering if him living with real PEOPLE, and not control freaks, may have opened his eyes to see how things are to be in families???? We'll see what the day holds.............

I have a prayer request for tomorrow too. I have a young-mom neighbor here who is excited about trying BT from what I wrote about it in the newspaper after I passed my test. She called a few weeks ago and said that the city of Napoleon is sponsoring a fund-raiser bazaar for their nursing home. Then she excitedly said, "It would be a great way for you to introduce BT to Napoleon and the price is only $25 for the afternoon. What do you think?"

Well, I thought about it for a few days and then decided to do it. I'm going to run it like we ran our free BodyTalk day last April in Bismarck and I'm praying that the Lord will use it to open some minds in Napoleon to the wonders of BT. The only difference between that event and this one is that I AM THE ONLY PRACTITIONER!!!!!!!
I covet your prayers for me to have the wisdom to know what to say and the peace to settle down and do great sessions even though the room will be far from quiet. I plan to give everyone who wants a short session from 10 to 15 minutes the chance to experience what BodyTalk can do. I'll have my pamphlets out to read and the story of how BT saved my life. I am very excited about this opportunity but also just a wee bit NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you happen to live in the Napoleon, ND area, I am inviting YOU to take advantage of this opportunity and join me at the DownTowner on main street Napoleon tomorrow afternoon. The bazaar lasts from 1:00 to 5:00 and I would be honored to give you all a free sample of what BodyTalk can do to give you peace. Last April I worked on one man at our Bismarck clinic day. He told me later, as he is now one of my clients, that his shoulder that had been hurting him for 20 years, stopped hurting him during that session!!!!!!!!! WOW--PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS MIRACULOUS HEALING WAYS!!!!!!!!
Anticipating the best,

Dawn
PS. Here's a picture of my dad last November when we had his 80th birthday party at the Lyric. It's so hard for me to imagine that tonight he is buying US supper! Maybe I have to take Emmanual's advice and start to look for the GOOD things in life instead of continually anticipating the bad. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 comment:

damae said...

Hey, girl, at least your dad's face is not old and bitter like my dad's was. Some day I may tell you of my adventure bringing him to WA from TX with 12 goats. He is at rest now, PTL.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...