Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm ready



Yesterday was great.  My children are awesome and Robert took me to Bismarck to spend some time with his mom and dad.  Before we went there, though, we went to eat at Denny's.  Truly I ate a lot less than I would have had I not started putting my weight problem under God's grace instead of under my condemnation--thanks to Pastor Prince.  I truly believe that this is the answer to solving any of our problems.

HOWEVER, when I washed my hands in the restroom, I took a good look at myself in the mirror--and went right back to self-condemnation.  I stopped exercising in frustration with no real improvements about 5 months ago.  Then 2 months ago I began working on the hypothyroidism and I sat back to see how that would change things.  UGH!  Did you realize that one symptom of hypothyroidism is that you despise exercise because it doesn't help to solve the problem. 

Anyway, this was just on Facebook and it inspired me to start THINKING about getting back to daily exercise.  Please pray for me--better yet--please write and share how exercise is benefiting you.  I need some inspiration!

I'm willing to do my part.  Tonight, though, we're having Robert's birthday party and we're cooking all of his favorite foods.  Maybe I'll start tomorrow?????????????????????????

Let's start supporting each other in this, folks, by stopping looking down on other people who have weight problems.  It's just so hard to start to work on this problem with self-contempt fueling the eating!

OH HELP!

Dawn

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have found in my own struggles with hypothyroidism if I am hypothyroid (meaning my hypothyroidism is not under control) then exercise makes me feel worse and can actually be detrimental. Once I start feeling better I can exercise and do well.

I have several dvd's that I have bought over the years that I like to do. Since starting to feel better last fall I started with yoga and pilates. Oh, the yoga makes everything stretch out so well and feel so good.

Since I have been working so hard getting this remodelling done I haven't been doing the regular exercise routine. That's okay as I am getting plenty of exercise.

I pray you will start feeling better. Love,

Kimberly

Dawn Bornemann said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with exercise while suffering from hypothyroidism! That makes me feel better as I know that I need exercise but just haven't been able to force myself to do it over the long term. This then would lead to my labeling myself, "Lazy" or "Weak" which are both just more self-condemnation and do NOT bring healing to the original problem of hypothyroidism.
Do you mind sharing where you found the DVDs? I especially am interested in the pilotes because one of my clients is a pilotes instructor. I just thought that I'd have to do it when I'm in Bismarck which isn't likely. It would be great to do it at home and, yes, you certainly ARE getting plenty of exercise nowadays.
Love you tons,
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...