Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Just Breathe

Yesterday was a day of intense pressures.  On the other hand, it was a day of intense delights in that Cora and I got to spend the entire day together in Bismarck.  All I can say is that my tailbone is in the right spot at the end of my spine for the first time in 41 years.  Jessica Irelan, of Butterfly Therapeutics, is one whopper massage therapist! 

At one point, as I recalled the abuse that put my tailbone out of line, I stopped breathing.  I did NOT want to have to relive that hour but it came out anyway.  Many things, through BodyTalk sessions, can be gotten rid of with the client not even recalling the incident.  Sometimes, though, they need to be remembered for whatever reason. 

First of all, Jessica worked on my back side and thighs to get all of the surrounding muscles as loose as possible.  Then, when she felt that it was ready to move, she started working it's way over and did it ever hurt.  I must have quit breathing as Jessica's stern command, "Breathe," brought me back to the situation.  Still, I couldn't breath so Jessica said loudly, "Breathe, Dawn, BREATHE." 

  When I did that, suddenly my tailbone began shifting to the left and tears started flowing.  It hurt but the memories hurt more for I hadn't realized that those memories were stored there.  Jessica said, "Our sexual traumas are stored in our buttocks, so it makes perfect sense that those memories would surface when I'm working back here."

  It was really rough and I wept like I haven't wept in a long, long time.  I was comforted when Jessica started talking about all of the people that I have helped.  She said, "I know that it's hard to go through this again but think about all of the people that you have helped because you understand what sexual abuse is like."  It did help.

  Now, what was totally awesome this morning is that a new friend of mine sent this link to me out of the blue.  I urge you to read the story about this song and then listen to it by putting it into the context of what I have just shared.  Praise God for His awesome ways of bringing comfort to us when we are low.

Enjoy!

Dawn

http://www.zefrank.com/chillout/

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...