Sunday, May 27, 2012

Too gloomy



I find myself too gloomy to write about my trip this morning.  Andrew just left for 10 days to help take South Dakota for Ron Paul and Cora just left for baby sitting for the day--AND the weather is morbidly gloomy.  Is it any wonder, then, that I was drawn to Andrew's blog where I found this video.

 Last Sabbath, when Cora and I were playing piano duets, we decided to ask Andrew to video us as I've been wanting to share out piano duets here. Of course, we chose one of his favorite songs, "Be Thou my Vision" to bless Andrew as he patiently listened when he had many other things on his mind.

How I miss my Andrew today!!!  I rejoice, though, that he loves God deeply and is obeying God's call on his life. I rejoice even more that "Be Thou my Vision" IS one of Andrew's favorite songs, for it assures me that my son has his eyes on the one who made him--the one who loves him even more than I do.

Please, dear Lord, keep Andrew safe and please bring him back to us victorious!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Amen?

Dawn

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

The gloom is getting to me as well. Sunshine, where are you? But this is typical Memorial's Day weather. Years ago until we knew better we would go camping and 99% of the time get rained on and be cold all weekend.

Love the piano duet, a good thing on this gloomy day. How I miss playing with my daughter. We don't get much chance to do it anymore. Now Leah has been asking to learn the piano so that is something to look forward to.

Miss you!

Kimberly

Dawn Bornemann said...

Dear Kimberly,
How wonderful it was to hear from you this morning--chased away some of the gloom. :) I miss you too! I think of you so often and am always glad to read your posts!
Maybe we could plan a Sabbath together sometime this Summer. Perhaps you would like to join us for Prairie Days this year in a few weeks? I'm going to teach puppetry and help everyone to make a sock puppet. The things that I get myself into! I haven't taught puppetry in over 20 years but it is such a good way for children of all ages to be able to minister. Want to come?
I just finished a session with my elderly lady who is in Minneapolis for a month. It was her first phone session and it went well.
Best get lunch going as Cora is babysitting again today. Let's pray for sunshine!
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...