Monday, December 14, 2009

Newspaper Advertisement

Sometimes things go so quickly that, when I pause afterwards, I have to shake my head and pray, "Well, I'm glad that YOU know what you're doing, Lord!" That's how it was today as I pondered making a newpaper advertisement in my home town newspaper.

You may recall that I'd sent the article about passing my certification exams to the Napoleon and Linton newspapers. Well, the other day I got a call from a former Napoleon native who now lives in Bismarck. She said that she saw the article in the Napoleon paper and wanted to schedule a session for this Wednesday when I'm working in my office in Bismarck. That was when I decided to see if my hometown paper, THE NORTHWEST BLADE, would also print the story about my new business, which I've named LINKS TO HEALING. You never know if someone will open up their minds to try something new, so what does it hurt to try?

Today I heard back that they would print the story and include the picture of Melanie and I. Then the editor, Heidi, wrote back wondering if I'd like to include an ad in this issue too. I guess I hadn't really thought about advertising yet, so I hesitated. I told her that if I ever open an office in Napoleon, I will certainly advertise then because I was pretty sure that people wouldn't come to my office in Bismarck from Eureka as it's about a 2 hour drive from there. She wrote back that people go to Bismarck from there for all sorts of things including massages...

Well, I sent Heidi the information that I'd like printed in the ad and she quickly put this together. I thought that she did a great job, so now all that's left to do is send her a check for $36. I guess if I would get one session out of the deal, I'd get my money back so we'll see.... Here's what she wrote.

LINKS TO HEALING
Dawn Bornemann
Certified BodyTalk Practitioner
701-332-6309
Sessions available at 1102 S. Washington Street,
Suite #311 Bismarck, ND
(on Wednesdays or Sundays) or in my home near
Kintyre, ND; or on the telephone
~ BodyTalk heals by restoring the inner communication
network of the body, which stress weakens
~ Conditions that typically improve are: allergies,
headaches/migraines, back pain, insomnia, phobias &
emotional disturbances, stress/anxiety, depression,
fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue, arthritis,
digestive disorders & viruses & infections.
It also helps with pre-natal care; sports performance; and
recovery from injuries or traumas


I said to Robert, "I wonder what Dad will think when he opens his paper on Thursday and sees my picture in the paper?" I had told him that I passed my test when I saw him last time after his birthday party, but it didn't seem to be of much interest to him. It'll be interesting to see if he says anything about my accomplishment--I'm not holding my breath.

Well, I'm hurting tonight, so I'm going to go soak in the tub. Tomorrow night our friend, Mark Dagley, will be spending the night with us as he's working in our area now. I won't want to soak then when I can have the opportunity to catch up with all of the Dagley news. Wednesday will be a full day in Bismarck as I'll be starting with 2 new clients which takes longer. I had a great first session with a friend last night too, so that was exciting. I covet your prayers for me and my business as I seek constantly to keep stress to a minimum! At least on Wednesday I'll have the older children along, so then I don't have to drive--YAY!

One other prayer request I have is the plans being made for Christmas at my dad's house. In other words, no plans are being made at all and I'm not sure what to do about that. It'll be my birthday and I like to stay home and take it easy. Now with mom gone, I'm not sure if I would feel easy in my mind about leaving dad alone that day. WHAT TO DO????????

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Dear Dawn,

You did a great job on your ad. My guess is that you will get more than one new client from that!

I prayed about your birthday and the request you made. May you be blessed with peace and rest whichever decision you make.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly,
What a wonderful encourager you are!!! May God bless you richly for the countless times you have covered me with your prayers and said just the "Perfect" thing at the "Perfect" time. :) It means so much to me that somebody REALLY believes in me and what I am doing to try to help bring peace to this world.
Love you too!
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...