Saturday, December 12, 2009

They're here

I've been wanting to write for several days now but things have been really busy here--as usual. Yesterday, when the children went skating, I spent several hours working on my dining room set. First I took some Murphy's Oil Soap in water, according to the directions on the bottle, and washed off the table and chairs. This stuff amazes me as it seems hard to imagine that you can wash off wood with water and not harm it. The soap does strip the shine off of the wood, though, so I wouldn't ever use it without having Old English furniture polish on hand.
When I put the Old English on the table and chairs, it's like they came to life!!! First you rub it on the wood; then let it sit a little bit; and then buff it with a clean cloth. I'll tell you--this process added such luster to the wood that I couldn't stand covering it with a tablecloth just yet. So today on the Sabbath, we have our lovely, rich cherry-wood table visible until I can dig out a new tablecloth. I figured that it was time to put away the Fall pumpkin one. :)
I'm kind of behind the times with news so you can get caught up at Cora's blog. However, I did want to share a few pictures of the new bear that Martha B. made for me. You may recall that I took her my deceased mother's expensive fur coat and a leather one trimmed with fox fur. I had asked her to make bears for the children and I (Robert decided to pass). Well, I met her in Linton and once again fell in love with her workmanship. This little cutie is decked out in a fur wrap from the leather coat of mom's. Martha gave her an ornate clasp from an old coat that she had on hand. Here I loaned my new lady mom's favorite hat and one of the handkerchiefs from the treasure box. Did I ever write about that? HMMM.
I'm thinking that I may call her, "Cordillia," for Anne of Green Gables who asked Morilla, "Well, could you at least CALL ME CORDILLIA?"


Here Cordillia is checking out the couch to see if it is to her liking. Actually she prefers sitting in my bedroom and watching me as I do distance BodyTalk sessions. Isn't she quite elegant? I've been trying to decide what clothing I could put on her to make her a bit more, "Proper." Again, I urge you to go to Cora's blog to see the pictures that she has of all 4 of the bear's arrival at their new home.
One comment that I simply "HAVE" to share here as I'm quite certain that no member of my family will ever go here. After I gave the boys their bears, I was kind of curious what my strong, robust young men thought of being given a teddy bear. Andrew really seemed to enjoy his bear and when I asked Jacob his opinion, he kind of grinned. I could tell that he wasn't exactly certain if he should share this thought with me or not, so I encouraged him to out with it. "Well," he said, "it seems kind of fitting mom, as grandma always was an old bear anyway." I cracked up as I'm sure you all are now who knew her. Like I said to my friend, Sarah, that day when I showed her the bears in Linton, "I figured that this would be a nice way to make something positive out of a bad relationship." She agreed.

My other news is from Thursday when a big, white envelope came from the IBA addressed to Dawn Bornemann. My hands trembled as I opened it and drew out the certificate that I worked 2 1/2 years for. Although I have a few pictures that Cora took of my then, I was in my barn clothes so I decided to take another one today in my good clothes. Thanks to my family and all my friends who let me do sessions on you so that I could drill into my brain the many techniques that make up BodyTalk. Thanks for all of your prayers for my continuing good health too. May God bless you all!!!
Here is a closeup of my CBP certificate. It also came with a letter from Dr. Veltheim himself acknowledging my hard work in achieving this goal. If you would ever like to hear him speak in his unique Australian accent, you can go to the IBA website and click on videos. I praise God for this man who designed the program that saved my life and is helping to save so many from debilitating diseases around the world.
Some of my recent projects include: I volunteered to write a holiday letter for my dad as he was upset that people sent him Christmas cards who didn't know that mom had died. Then, too, I need to write our holiday letter. Also, I've gotten some very good feedback from the article that I sent to the Napoloen Homestead office. One lady called from Bismarck to set up an appointment next Wednesday in my office in Bismarck. Her husband was from Napoleon so she had read my writeup in the paper about my certification and the classes that I took recently.
Another one of the readers is talking about having me speak to her Bible Study group about BT. She also got me all excited yesterday about opening an office in Napoleon. She even checked out availability and prices on one in town, so now I'm wondering what in the world the Lord is up to. :) Isn't it wonderful being a child of the King? I just trust that He is working all things for my good--most of the time. If I don't keep trusting unquestioningly, I get pain in my neck and shoulders, so it's better to have faith and watch the Lord at work. :)
So to summarize, I am very happy to report that my life is rich and full. I love being busy serving my Lord and helping people to regain their health and vitality--all to the glory of the one who made us all!!!

2 comments:

Tamera said...

Congratulations! I'm SO proud of you!

Kimberly said...

Oh, Jacob, that was so funny! I love the bears. What a nice keepsake they are. Make sure you put another picture up when you get Cordilla all dressed proper!

Seems like God is really working through you with Body Talk!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...