Saturday, December 19, 2009

Count your blessings

My head is killing me tonight!!! We ended up going to Eureka unexpectedly today when Robert's mom, Marly, called this morning to say that his brother's plans had gotten changed. We were going to go tomorrow but, if we wanted to see their family, we needed to go down today.

Anyway, Cora and I ended up going with Marly to Eureka's Christmas Bonus Bucks promotion. Their were about 500 people crammed into a room, where many of them were smoking, and
my head started feeling a little "Off."

Then I went over to see my dad to discuss the coming Christmas plans for my family. I was a bit disturbed to learn that my brother (who lives blocks away from dad) isn't planning to come over to Dad's house but for a "Few moments". I guess when you're that special you needn't bother yourself with your grieving father on his first Christmas without his wife. ):

Then I went back to Robert's folks and ate all kinds of things that I don't normally eat and my head REALLY started hurting. Then, when we gave Robert's dad a can of mixed nuts as a gift, he turned to us laughing and said, "I can't eat nuts anymore." OH BOTHER. ):

Then, we had an 80 mile drive; chores the past hour; and now FINALLY I can get to bed. I was pretty much ready to hang it up as a loss of a day, meaning it was far more stressful than what it was worth, but then I received this forward from a friend from no other than Eureka. It's great and it was a reminder that God can send good things EVEN FROM EUREKA! WE ARE SOOOOO BLESSED! Even when my head hurts this bad, it's still great to be alive!!!

I pray that this will bless you too and I covet your prayers this week.

Dawn


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

The video really puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Hope you are feeling better today. Know that God sees your good deeds and appreciates them even if it seems others do not.

Love you friend!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...