Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Lord IS at work--even if it hurts sometimes

WOW--so much has happened since I wrote last. Cora wrote about our skating party--the first time we all were together on the ice. I can't recall if she mentioned, though, that I fell AFTER I TOOK MY SKATES OFF AND WAS USING MY BARN BOOTS. My feet had gotten sore from the skates, but we were having so much fun that I didn't want to quit. It's like it didn't register that I could fall without being on skates. I madly had gone after the puck and turned quickly when it didn't go as far as I thought it was going. When I turned, I lost my balance and fell on my right knee VERY hard. I've been laid up ever since and have missed 3 chores--poor Clara. The first night I hardly slept and stayed on the couch doing Access until the pain diminished enough for me to doze. Even soaking didn't help all that much.
Yesterday I could see that I needed some help so I called my new BodyTalk practitioner, Tone-Lise, and she did a fantastic session for me! She's only a year ahead of me in BT but has been working at a clinic where they paid for her classes (I assume) so she's way ahead of me. It was the first time that she'd done a session on the phone so she was glad to have that new experience.
During my session it came up that I needed a resource person that she knows who does Reiki. Tone-Lise said that I would really like her and this woman helped me by volunteering her right knee energy to my aching body part. Tone-Lise tuned in to her energy and got her permission to help me so I'm like, "Wow--it is so great to be a part of the body of Christ." Of course, I'd do it for anyone else on earth too. :) Who knows, maybe someday I'll meet this woman. If not, then I remind myself that she was in my life only for a reason (instead of a season or a lifetime.)
Lots of other things have happened too. Dad's back in the hospital so we're trying to figure out why. I did a distance session on him from here at home yesterday and he told Russell last night that he still wants Russell to come home for Christmas. I am praying that dad is out of the hospital so that Russell and LV have a home to come back to for Christmas and we all don't have to spend it in the hospital. I guess if that's the Lord's will, though, somehow we'll get through that too.
Today I have a very special friend, and her daughter, coming over to our farm for BT sessions. I am so excited to have her come as she's someone who has prayed for me for years to get well--even back in miscarriage days. She was one of the winners of my free session offer on my blogiversary. She has seen big progress in one area of her life already from that free session, so I rejoice that I can now bless her in return for all of her years of support and friendship.
Well, I'm going to try limping out to the barn this morning so I'd best get dressed instead of staying in my nightgown like I did all day yesterday. It's just that my knee didn't bend enough to put my long johns on (I was on too much pain anyway) and I wasn't about to go out in the cold without something on my legs. Praise God for BodyTalk as the pain is about 1,000ths of what it was yesterday at this time. Can you tell that Jacob is working on the left side of the decimal point in Math these days? :)
Anyway, here are a few pictures from our skating party. Robert, with his great big papa heart, drove the 9030 the 5 miles up there to clear the ice off in a "BIG" way. Andrew had gotten the measurements online and had measured baling twine so that we could mark off the rink with it to the official size. Here he is filling his papa in on what his wishes were.
The boys are both very good on skates. When they reminded me that they learned the basics on their roller blades, I told them that they should thank me. They looked at me strangely then and I said, "I'm the one whose toes you ran over when you were learning to roller blade in the kitchen all of those years ago." I sure wouldn't put my toes in their path these days. :) This is Jacob getting ready for the big game. Oh yes, we ALL won because we all got some much needed exercise and lots of fresh air and laughter.
OOOOOOPS. Robert said later that, when he got close to the reeds, he heard the ice cracking but it all happened so fast that he couldn't get out of there on time. We were ALL thankful that it didn't happen in the middle of the pond although it's only about 4 feet thick. We figure that the reeds kept the ice from forming as thickly as it did elsewhere.
We skated several hours and then tried pulling it out with Andrew's pickup. No go, we just spun so we went home and ate lunch. The guys went back after lunch (my knee was aching something awful) and they took the other 9030 back up. They didn't have any trouble pulling it out with that tractor, so that was a relief. There was no damage done to the tractor and we learned the dangers of going close to the reeds. It was a good thing that Robert had left a bank of snow nearby as he walked on it to get out of the tractor. It wouldn't have been much fun walking in the ice-cold water to get out of there and back in again to pull it out. The Lord always provides for us--even when we mess up. :)

Now I have some exciting news that brought smiles to every one's face around here. Last night, Brian Geiger called. He's the papa of the wonderful Geiger family that we spent the day with at the zoo last summer. Brain said that they're planning a New Year's Eve party and WE'RE INVITED!!!!!! OH FOR FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! I can just hear the prayers around here for the next week, "And, OH GOD, please let the weather be good on New Year's Eve day..." I agree!
Blessings of peace,
Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...