Monday, December 28, 2009

Snow, Snow, Snow

This is a quick tour of the farmyard before Robert and Andrew cleaned snow yesterday morning. The deck was almost completely buried in snow after the 2 day blizzard on Thursday and Friday of last week.

Robert had to push snow just to get to the bale stack.

Here he's coming with 2 big bales. The stock cow herd gets 3 of these in the morning and 2 at night. The dairy cows and goats get them as needed.

This is my garden--can't you tell?

The wind blew the snow all around the van so that it was easy to get into it--once you got TO it.
Thanks, guys, for pushing all of that snow!

Here's the latest news on my dad. I called down to Eureka to the Assisted Living facility today and peppered the nurse with questions. The most important question I asked was, "Can we put Dad in here just for the Winter?" When she said, "Yes," I breathed the biggest sigh of relief that I've breathed since before mom died.
Well, then I had to run it by Dad and he, quite naturally, wasn't all that pleased. I reminded him that I am getting stressed with wondering if he's eating well and getting his meds on time. I made sure that he understood that it would only be for the Winter months. Finally he said, "Well whatever you children think is best, I'll do." PRAISE THE LORD!!!! It's amazing how things flow when I let HIM do the leading and I just follow in the direction that He is pointing.
So, tomorrow at 1:00, I'll be in Eureka looking over the room and helping dad to get through his assessment. Duard said that the doctor and nurses all think that this will be for the best, so I'm eager now to go down and make it just as homey as possible for Dad. I don't know if we can move him in tomorrow or not, but it won't take much to do so. The nurse told me over the phone today that people just bring the bare necessities, as the rooms are not very large, so we'll see what tomorrow holds. Please keep us in your prayers.
The next most exciting part of my day was that a classmate of mine from Eureka emailed me. She had read my ad in the Eureka paper about BT and is eager to learn more. We had such an encouraging talk just now, so I am glad that I took the time to run the ad. She even set up her first session in the new year, so I rejoice. Like I told Tanya at the Northwest Blade, the ones that I want to help the most are the ones from my home town. May there be many more from Eureka who will open up their hearts to BodyTalk in 2010 and beyond!
Sleepy,
Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...