Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ever feel hopeless?

What a name for a blog post on THIS blog. I mean I named my blog A RAY OF HOPE so that folks would know that the Lord DOES have answers to our problems in the natural world. Sometimes, though, if I'm honest, I'll admit that those old hopeless feelings creep back into my mind.

It was such a great day with my friend, Kimberly, and her daughter Cora's friend, Whitney, here for a visit and for sessions. I loved every minute of my time with them and we have some great pictures to post later.

Then, after supper tonight, I knew it was time to find out how my dad is doing. I called the Eureka hospital and they let me talk to him. Dad said that they're trying to strenghten him as they've decided to send him to Aberdeen to have his gall bladder taken out. I guess he doesn't need it anymore. How frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!

I told Dad that I have clients lined up tomorrow and can't be with him as Aberdeen is a 3 hour drive away. I happen to know for a fact that they can take gall bladders out in Bismarck as one of my friends had one taken out up there. I thought that we were going to try to have his health needs met in Bismarck from now on. Why in the world do I bother talking anyway???????????

This plus a blizzard is moving in tomorrow night. I had to look up at God and question that one as Russell and LV were planning to take off on Thursday morning for ND. I guess, if I'm honest, I just don't get it sometimes. I just don't understand what He is trying to do with me. Isn't that when faith is the most precious to Him, though? Seeing the outcome isn't faith after all anyway.

At times like this all there is left to do is recite Proverbs, 3:5 & 6: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In ALL thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths." There, now that that's done, I'm going to take a soak. My knee was much better today but that nasty fear about dad's life is making it ache again. I think I need a BT session too!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Thank you again for yesterday! I feel so great this morning. I slept like a log and I don't usually do that! Your home is lovely and warm with all that love around.

I am in prayer for your father and the Christmas plans as well as for your knee and fear.

What a good verse to pick on your post. He really does know best even when we can't understand.

Love you!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...