Wednesday, December 30, 2009

YOUR ADVICE, PLEASE!

Yesterday was one of the most difficult days of my life. We moved my dad out of his home and into the assisted living facility in Eureka. The boys were absolutely wonderful and we got everything up there, including his clothes, in under 4 hours. I hurt soooooooooo bad last night from the stress, physical plus emotional, that I had to soak.

Now, if that wasn't bad enough, I got this letter from this lady from Linton whom I share the passion for goats with. I've bought goats from her and have exchanged some philosophical discussions with over the years. When we moved here 6 years ago, though, I never saw her anymore and we became even more "Acquaintances" than before.

Well, like I said before here, we don't honor Christmas anymore for reasons of our own. I've never really thought that was any body's business but ours. Instead of sending out Christmas cards, then, we send out our holiday letter to all of those we love after the new year and call it a New Year's Letter. As far as I know, this lady has always received one of them.

Well, we had several nice picture greeting cards and letters to read last night after chores, so it was a real blessing after the stress of the day. However, when I read this one, I just groaned in my spirit EVEN MORE--IF THAT'S POSSIBLE AFTER A DAY LIKE THAT. This is what she said.

Hi,
Never receive a Xmas card from you, so see no reason to send one.

BUT

Have a Happy New Year and let's pray that Jesus Christ returns soon to solve the $12 trillion debt our country is burdened with.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX

Now, as I lay falling asleep last night, this troubled me. I have never slighted this woman that I can recall--even when others have. In fact, I have gone out of my way more than once to befriend her. "So what do I do, Lord?" I prayed. To ignore this letter would seem hurtful to her--but of course she didn't care if she was hurtful to me.

The Scripture verse went through my head then. I can't think of the exact words now or where it's found but it goes like this: In the multitude of counselors, there is wisdom.

"What are you telling me, Lord?" I asked.

Suddenly I understood that He was encouraging me to ask you, dear readers, for your opinion. I am TOTALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. What advice do you have for me in regards to replying to this woman? You needn't leave your name if you don't want to but, frankly, what do you think would be the best way for me to reply to this belligerent "Friend?" Even more frankly, this is one of the reasons that I love animals so much. :)

4 comments:

Tamera said...

I would just send her your normal New Year's letter.

Sounds to me like she's not a very happy person. Don't allow her unhappiness to affect you, I think.

Kimberly said...

I agree with Tamera. You might want to put a note with her letter saying you don't send Christmas cards but do the letter instead.

You are a sensitive person (I can relate!!) but try not to let it bother you. You have done nothing wrong.

Obviously she was trying to make you feel bad. Don't let her manipulate you.

Anonymous said...

Good morning ladies,
Thanks so much for the feedback! I wasn't sure if it would be best to address her attitude or ignore it. She tends to be negative, but had not expressed it towards me before.
I did wonder too if maybe she was jeolous because she would have read of my being a CBP in her local paper? She has a health product that she tried to sell me when I was recovering, but I didn't go to her house to listen to her sales pitch when she asked me to. BodyTalk was helping by then so I was sticking my money into that instead of a pill or potion. None of those things really helped when I was on the decline so I wasn't much interested in them after I'd found BT. She didn't seem very happy with me then, but that was 2 years ago. Who knows? Maybe she's jeolous that I got well??? Isn't the human heart a fragile thing?
I want to thank both of you for your support of my recovery. I LOVE YOU BOTH SOOOOO MUCH AND WISH YOU A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!
Dawn

Tamera said...

Dawn,

I love you so much, too! I'm SOOOOO happy that you're doing so well. Now is the time for more and more good things to happen in your life, and I know they will.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...