Thursday, July 15, 2010

Airplane tickets

Today was a busy day with trying to make preparations for Jacob's and my trip to Georgia in 2 weeks. We bought the airline tickets and swallowed hard as we realized that the price of the trip went up quite a bit since we first priced it. I have never flown on a major airline in my life, so I'm learning things the hard way. I was just, "Too busy" to deal with it sooner and now it bit me hard. I told Jacob, "You need to pray hard that I get LOTS of sessions before the trip so that we can pay for these airline tickets." He started right then and there.

We are renting an economy car, so our fuel mileage will be good. This helps as we need to drive 2 hours from the airport to the place where the radionics course is being taught. We will be flying into the Hartsfield/Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia.

Last night, as we worked on preparing a flat of strawberries for the freezer, Andrew entertained us with this fact that he got off of his I-pod. This airport is the busiest airport in the WORLD--meaning that it has more flights come and go than any other airport ANY WHERE! I smiled sweetly and said, "If God has asked me to go there and drive out of there all by myself, I am certain that He will take care of me while I do it." He chuckled knowing that it's easier to have courage before a situation than when you're right in the middle of it.

Jacob already goggled directions for us from the airport to LakeMont. It is VERY precise reading such as, "Stay in the left lane here," and "Go to such and such street--about one minute. As I read through it I thought, "I CAN DO THIS!" Still, there are moment when it's more like,"Do I HAVE TO GO?????????" :) Oh well, like I said last night, seeing as God wants me to go, I am sure that He will go with me and I am positive that He knows the way even better than Goggle Maps!

That's our big news for today, except that I had a brand-new client come to the house today. The session went great and I was eager to meet this woman as she and her mother-in-law (another client of mine) are starting an equine ministry about 20 minutes from here. I guess working with the horses even helps autistic people recover, so this is VERY intriguing to me. In fact I have seriously been praying about whether or not God wants ME to be one of their clients. Maybe they'll trade their therapy for BodyTalk sessions?

Thinking about horses made me want to see some of these glorious creatures. However, this is the only horse picture that I could find. It's not the best, but at least you can get the picture of how large a horse really is, as that's a buffalo with the three horses.

I used to ride bareback, when I was a girl, and let the horse go where it wanted to go. What did I care just as long as I was on the back of a beautiful horse. I hung on tight to the horse's mane and dreamed that I was riding away from the pain. Only God knows how much those moments helped me get through that dreadful childhood.

Anyway, I have always been drawn to horses and maybe that's because the Lord knew that they can help me in a way that nobody else can. I guess that there has been some very exciting research to prove that this program can help heal deeply on ALL levels. The horses just sense what the person needs and they become a team.

I learned that the people stand in the corral and the horses are released. The horses mill around the people and then go pick out the person who needs them. Do you suppose that's what they call, "Horse sense?" Anyway, I will have to wait until they put another class together to get to participate, but I am eager to see what the Lord has in store for me there. But first it's to Georgia for the radionics course and even before that, it's off to bed.

Sweet dreams to all--especially you fellow horse lovers out there!

Dawn

2 comments:

Kristi said...

That would really bum me out- the price changing.
We have friends that volunteer for another "equine ministry" called LifeStriders for disabled people in Wisconsin. http://news.lifestriders.org/. I would love to get involved in such a program as well. Might be good for my Rachel.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi,
Thanks for sharing this about LifeStriders--I wonder if it's the same program as our neighbors are using out here. I know that these people went to Colorado for their training. It would be great to compaire notes if we both take the course. I think that Rachel would probably benefit a lot as Sherry said that it seems to have the biggest impact with handicapped individuals. I view myself as emotionally handicapped so I'm eager to give it a try. I wonder how much it costs.
Hugs,
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...