Thursday, July 1, 2010

Master Cleanse 4 ~ Day 3


Today was about like I expected--pain wise. I was driving the 9030 in the hayfield in the morning, when Andrew came out to the field with our "New" 4-wheeler. He told me that he and Jacob were going to go stack the bales, so they needed that tractor.

I asked him, "Are you going to take me home?" looking at the 4-wheeler in anguish. Now, keep in mind that one of my friends became a widow because of one of them; another one is crippled; and Jacob lost a dear friend due to 4-wheeler accidents--as in 13 years old and DEAD! I had made up my mind that I WOULD NOT DRIVE THAT THING!!!!!!!

Andrew said, "Come here, Mom. I'll teach you how to drive this thing." I looked at it for a moment and then thought, "Good grief. I'm driving this great big tractor and I'm not afraid. I guess it's time." And so it was. Cora took this picture of me when I safely arrived back in the yard with it--but I did NOT take the ditch!!! I will say here and now, "I will NOT take the ditch with that thing!"

Cora and I had a little time to play a few piano duets while we waited for the guys to get in for a late lunch. Now THAT is always a delight. Then she left for work; the guys left for the hayfield 13 miles away, and I was faced with a decision.

Am I going to take care of my needs or keep pushing on until I fall apart again? The stress has been mounting as I ponder the sale. What will happen when I see my brothers all together? What will happen if anyone starts yelling like the last time they saw each other? What will happen if nobody comes to the sale to buy dad's stuff and we're stuck with it all? What will happen if Dad comes to the sale and starts crying his head off as he does whenever he goes to the house? What will happen if, when all of the work is done, my dad doesn't show appreciation for all that we've been doing to get ready for the sale? So far he hasn't.

Elizabeth would say, "BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!" I could go on like that up until the sale and put myself back on bee stings. ):

"NO, I WILL TAKE CARE OF MYSELF," I decided and headed for the whirlpool. The other night when I was hurting, I talked myself out of taking a much needed soak--but NOT today!
There is just nothing like the whirlpool to sooth my raw nerve endings in my neck and shoulders where the shingles had started. Now the dishes aren't even done from lunch yet, but I feel so much better! I cannot recommend a whirlpool enough for anyone suffering from shingles as I know that I could never have tolerated the pain without it. So, now that I'm a prune, I can face the dishes and the garden and the laundry and................

Once again I find myself praising the Lord for HIS marvelous, gentle healing ways. There truly is NO problem too big for Him to handle. AMEN?

A truly exciting part of today was receiving an email from my cousin, Kristi, stating that she may be able to come along with her parents for a visit to our farm next week. We have been
wanting to get together for years and now it may really happen. I know that the Lord knows how much moral support I'm needing before the sale and I praise Him for stirring up this idea in her heart to come at this time. Isn't He just awesome?
Well, it looks like I'm alone for chores tonight so I'd best sign off. I continue in need of prayer. That old song from my childhood just popped into my head right now--see if you remember it.
"Not my father; not my mother; but it's me, O Lord, standing in the need of prayer.
Not my sister; not my brother; but it's me, O Lord, standing in the need of prayer.
Hopeful,
Dawn

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love, love, love the picture! Glad you were able to ride the thing. I was happy to read that you listened to your body's warning and took that soak. You could keep working and working but you wouldn't be doing your family a favor if you got sick again. So...good job! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kimberly!
As always you are an encouragement to me to value myself. I don't know why it is so hard for me to place my needs first ONCE IN AWHILE! I guess it's because I wasn't raised to think of MY needs at all. It's been a long journey for me to learn to do for myself what others do naturally for themselves.
Love you too!
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...