Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Begging for prayer

Yesterday was rough, but I praise God for sending my cousin, Kristi, this week to help me to get through this. We finished packing up/throwing out junk in the attic; the basement; and almost all of the Quonset. Kristi actually thought that the day was fun, which gave me something else to think about. The rest of the work there will have to be done on Sunday morning, as Duard said that he's not sticking his nose in there until then. He sure is bossy, but I made up my mind that if he isn't showing up again to work before the sale, I'm certainly not.

We got home close to 10:00 last night. Then, when Cora got home from work at 11:00, she broke down during her prayer. She said, "Lord, please help everyone to deal with the death at the nursing home." She choked out, "She died suddenly during supper," and started sobbing. It wasn't until she was tucked into bed on the couch (Kristi is in her bed) that I dared to ask, "Who was it, Cora?" She started crying all over again and said, "Rosa," whom I knew to be one of her favorite residents. My poor girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even with all of that, I slept pretty well but only 5 hours. Now I have a full day of things needing done in Bismarck today and I just send Cora back to work. Robert and I both told her that she must tell them not to do that to her ever again. She gets home at 11:00 PM and has to be at work at 6:30 AM and this is NOT light work.

Also I called Russell yesterday to ask what he wants done with his Air Force Uniform. The boys had just received an army jacket from my dad and they decided to go for two. He said that they could have them, but I insisted on putting the cap into his box.

It was then that I learned that his wife's, LV, mom passed away and was buried last week. I asked him why he didn't let us know, as we knew that she was in hospice, but he said, "Well, we're pretty private and nobody cares anyway." HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Well, I praise God that I have a cranio-sacral treatment with Dr. Faye this morning. Also, Tone-Lise is paying for the rest of her Reiki 3 with 2 BodyTalk sessions for me. She did a fantastic one yesterday and is doing the other today. What, with all of you praying for me and all that God is doing for me, I've come to believe that I will actually live through Sunday.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO UPHOLD US WITH YOUR PRAYERS AND I BLESS YOU FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow! You have accomplished a lot. How nice that your cousin came to be with you.

Poor Cora. I cried when I read about her response to the death of Rosa. She has such a tender heart.

I am so glad that you are doing better. I will continue to pray. Love to you.

Hannah said...

Praying for you...

Dear, sweet Cora.
I can imagine that would be difficult. I am praying for her too!

Ed and Bev Daniels said...

We are watching to see what wonderful things YHVH will do for you in these next few days! Our strength is in His character which is unfailing in love, tenderness, lovingkindness and mercy. "Those who trust in YHVH are as Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so YHVH surrounds His people for this time forth and forever." Psalm 235:1-2 Love you, Ed and Bev

Anonymous said...

Dear Bev,
You are such a great encouragement to me! I can hardly wait until we can fellowship together.
Blessings,
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...