Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Office day

Hi everyone,
I'm off to see clients in my Bismarck office today. I'm riding up with Andrew and have lots of errands to do up there as well. I took these pictures last week. It's not completely finished yet, but I like the blend of professionalism and homeyness in my own office at 2910 East Broadway; #44. It is sooooooo wonderful not to have to share it with anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my waiting room. Esther Hanson arranged the flowers, feathers, and balls when she was in there last month. I was so glad that the Lord sent her as I do NOT have the knack for such things and Esther had just taken a class in it. Those are Helen Steiner Rice poetry books to match the seasons and a little cross that always sat on my parent's table. It says, "With God ALL things are possible." AMEN!

My new friend, Bonnie, who works at the Welcome House ministry in the building with me was walking down the hallway with a young man whom I believe volunteers for the ministry. I overheard him say to Bonnie, "Boy, THAT sure looks pretty." I was so glad to hear it as I spent quite a bit on the screen which has metallic panels in it. When the lights hit it, those panels just sparkle.

This is the work area on the other side of the panel. I still haven't had time to put up the border yet but maybe today.

I have been praying for the perfect "Something" to hang in this spot that I look at almost all of the time when I'm with a client. Well, I bought this picture at my dad's auction sale for $2 and, as I took it back to join Robert and Cora that day I said out of the blue, "This is for my office." Cora had looked at it then and said, "Oh look, Mom, it even has orange in it." It's not like I set out to have an orange office but it just came together that way.
Last week I looked at it often and drew strength from knowing that, thanks to God leading me to BodyTalk, those people did NOT destroy me. That picture will be a symbol of my victory from now on and I just love it there.

I'm off to the shower and then to this special quiet place that the Lord has given me. How I rejoice in His provision for me to have my very own office.
Happy Summer day,
Dawn

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey, that pillowcase looks familiar! : ). I think that picture you bought was perfect for that spot, and I love how God brought the color scheme all together. Glad to hear that The Welcome House is still there, and that man was right. It is a beautiful screen. Good job on decorating your new office. It looks very inviting.

Kimberly said...

I, too, love the look of the office. It is very inviting, someplace where one could relax and enjoy. Good job in putting it together.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...