Monday, August 22, 2011

I'M HOME!

Robert and I pulled in here at home around 7:30 tonight after driving roughly 1800 miles in the past 5 days.  PRAISE THE LORD FOR A SAFE JOURNEY! 

"How did you like the class?" I can hear you ask.  Well, I can honestly say that it was my very favorite class that I have ever taken in my entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I said to the instructor, "This class combines 2 of my passions--BodyTalk and animals."  She feels the same way, of course.  I will share the few pictures of the class and the TONS of pictures that I took of Montana ASAP.

I'm tired so this will be short but I wanted you to know that I'm home safe and sound.  By the way, I DID stick to the cleanse the whole time and today was day 10.  There were moments of temptations, with all of the nourishing snacks all around me during class, but I just kept reminding myself of my goals and how sick I would get if I were to start eating suddenly.

I will share one splurge that I had and that is this WONDERFUL herbal tea from GOOD EARTH.  It's called, "Sweet and spicy Herbal tea" and I loooooooooooooooooooooooved it!  These are the ingredients: red rooibos, chicory root, natural flavors, rose hips, cinnamon, lemongrass, peppermint (a no-no for my constitution so this will NOT be a habit), papaya, chamomile, panax ginseng, anise seed, dandelion root (another no-no), ginger root, orange oil, orange peel.  This tea made life worth living while I watched all 16 of the other class members enjoying snack time.  :)

Off to bed,

Dawn

PS.  Thanks for all of your prayers for safety!

2 comments:

Cora Beth said...

I'm so glad you're home, Mom! :)

Horray! We made it to 10 days! I agree, it has been hard this time, harder than the last time I think. It's been funny some of the responses I've gotten from my coworkers when they ask what I'm drinking or why I'm not eating. "Why would you want to do that?"....

So glad you're home!
See you in the morning,
Cora

Dawn Bornemann said...

Dear Cora,
I am sooo proud of you to stay faithful even in light of, "Why would you want to do that?" Now, I'm curious how you responded.

I'll miss you as I carry on but I'm so glad that you were with me on the cleanse during class. I would see people eating those cute little molassis muffins and lots of wonderful fruit and veggies and just cringe. Then I thought, "But Cora is doing this with me--I am NOT alone," and I'd make myself a cup of tea instead.

Thank you so much for keeping the household running smoothly in my abscence! It looked just like I left it! Well done!

Mom

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...