Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Three meals a day

I grew up taking this for granted although I know that there are people in the world who would love to be able to.  It's so natural to "Come to the table" three times a day.  Being on the Master Cleanse certainly does make one appreciate the opportunity that we have to eat whenever we are hungry.  I mean, I was so amazed how full I felt today on my first day back to eating three meals a day.  It's been 21 days since I did it and it was quite awesome how much I appreciated my food today!
So what did I eat today?  Well, I ate a bowel of our freshly made applesauce with 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 scoop of Dr. Mercola's peanut butter whey protein powder for breakfast.  YUMMMM!
I ate 2 small meatballs with 4 Roma tomatoes for lunch.  For dessert at noon I had a slice of pepper jack cheese with a few walnuts.
For supper I ate a bowel of beef and vegetable soup with 2 slices of pepper jack cheese melted into it.  I feel so full and contented as though I'd just had a huge Thanksgiving meal.  WOW--do you suppose my stomach shrank a little on the cleanse?  I'm also going to have some Smooth Move tea tonight just in case the cheese wasn't the best thing to eat on the first day back.
Although I only lost 10 pounds, I still deem the cleanse a success.  My memory is better yet; my eyesight is tons better; and my shoulders and neck hardly ached even on the days when I was too busy or weak to exercise.  I got rid of some more of that old bubblegum and my spirits are better than they've been in years.  The other day I was downright happy.  I kept saying to Andrew, "I am sooooo happy."  I said it so many times that he actually raised his eyebrows at me--it takes a lot to make Andrew raise his eyebrows.  :)
  During the cleanse, I also made myself a promise to not ever eat unless things have exited the other end.  This is something that I've been wanting to promise myself for a long time but just couldn't bring myself to do as food had such a hold on me.  I still like food but I don't see any reason why it should rule my life.  :)
Well, other people are wanting this computer so I guess I'll close.  Look here soon for a post on the GAPS diet which is the next step in my recovery.  I've known for a long time that Dr. Mercola was right to forbid grains in the diet but I wasn't strong enough to do it.  Now I feel the time has come and I'm ready.  Thanks to Sarah K. for sharing with me about the symptoms that GAPS can help with. 
Sleep well and I'm sending love to all those who are truly doing their best to serve Him with strong, healthy bodies!
Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...