Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm appalled

Truly, it takes a lot to totally disgust me, but I am appalled.  Years ago, when I learned that creative spelling was being introduced into the South Dakota school system, I wondered what would be the outcome.
  Over the years, I've seen signs of it's making head ways into our written language.  Usually my children and I just shake our heads and laugh over some of the poor writing on billboards, or in advertisements, and especially in the superintendent's reports in our local newspaper.
I have tried to become less critical over the years, but this is just too much!  I received this email in my inbox this morning.  Andrew usually has some of his revamped computers for sale and I usually can read the replies that come in response to his ads.  However, this one was the worst--so far.
It especially hit me hard in light of Cora's recent post where the young man demonstrated how far our daily English usage has swerved from the written word.  Now, I THINK I know what he is trying to say, but let's see if you can figure it out.
Any guesses?
Dawn
aight i can do that... iam give ya a call in a lil while.

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...