Sunday, September 4, 2011

The GAPS diet

Sarah said last week, "Did you ever think of going on the GAPS diet to help to heal your digestive system?" 

I replied, "What's the GAPS diet?"

She said, "You know, I was telling you about it the last time that we spoke."

I questioned, "Do you mean the one that gets rid of autism?"

She wisely answered my question, "Yes, BUT it does so much more than that.  There are all sorts of problems that disappear when on the GAPS diet."  Sarah then proceeded to quickly explain how the diet works; what can be accomplished with it; and how it helped her digestive system when she was in a crisis a few years back.

It got me thinking and since then I have ordered the book, "Gut and Psychology Syndrome" along with the companion book, "GAPS GUIDE."  Since they arrived on Friday, you can be assured that I have my nose in the guide every spare moment. 

I know that I have tried, "All sorts of things" to try to get well.  Although total wellness has so far eluded me, I am so much stronger than I ever thought I could be after how totally debilitated I was in 2006.  Still, even though I have done 6 long Master Cleanses, my abdomen continues to normally look as though I'm 5 months pregnant.  When I eat wheat, by nighttime I often look like I'm ready to pop a baby out any minute.  It is sooooooooo exasperating.

So, I'm going to try the GAPS diet.  What can it hurt?  If anyone out there has had any experiences with the GAPS diet, I would appreciate your sharing it with all of us here. 

Well, we're off to my in law's anniversary party in Mandan with the whole family.  It's been so long since Cora has seen her grandparent's as she's been working here lately when we see them.  It will be nice to all be together but I know that they guys are getting antsy to get to combining.  Oh well, we have no idea how many anniversaries they will have yet so we will go and join their party.

Have a great week,

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...