Sunday, March 29, 2020

Almost conquered it now

I am almost fully recovered from the Corona Virus which hit me hard about 3 weeks ago.  I praise God for my Christian Energy Practitioners who worked on me over and over until my immune system was able to kick it out!!!!!!

Social isolation hasn't been much different than my usual days as I mostly work from home.  I'm not going to Bismarck to see clients, though, so I miss the face to face sessions with the folks who turn to me in their hour of need.  Hopefully this won't take months to clear out but only God knows that. He IS with His people wherever we are.

As I thought about writing here again, the Holy Spirit led me to this song.  There are quite a few versions to choose from but this one is amazingly beautiful.  I have always craved beauty and have found it in music; in nature; in family; and in poetry as you may recall.

This version seemed unusually comforting as I grew up watching the Lawrence Welk show.  Every Saturday night, as I helped Mom with the supper dishes, we listened to this wholesome family show.  I would sing with the choir every week at the end of the hour, "Good night. Sleep tight. And pleasant dreams to you.  Here's a wish and a prayer that all your dreams come true.  And though it's always sweet sorrow to part.  You know, you'll always remain in my heart...."  Perhaps I'll share it here another day.

Today I want to bless you with this grown up version of the Lennon Sisters.  I sang this song with my church choir during my collage years  at "Brookings Weslyan Church."  I felt the presence of the Lord there in a very special way that I've always remembered.  May He bless you with His peace today as you listen to these lovely women singing how comforting it is to draw near to Jesus.

God bless you all,

Dawn



No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...