Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 12 of the Master Cleanse

I didn't even post last night because I was just too miserable. I had a nice time with Robert in Bismarck. I got to go and dig at "Diggers Delight" where all of the clothes are free on Fridays while he did business. I got 8 bags of things that should be of some benefit to the family.
After that we looked at 2 large square balers and one of them may be the one for us. The Lord definitely led Robert to it, because it wasn't listed on the computers, and yet Robert felt led to go way to the back of the lot and there it sat. He talked to Roger and Roger said that it's a repo so that's why it's not listed on the books. Anyway, it was nice to be together but the pain from the steer's attack kept getting worse as the day went on so I kept popping Tylenol as I haven't taken the time to stuff some clove capsules yet.
Well, we got home and I limped through chores and came in with a heavy heart. "Why is this pain in my shoulder getting worse?" I asked the Lord. Truly, yesterday was the first day that I have really wondered if it was worth all of the effort--the sights and smells of the Sabbath feast that Cora had made didn't help any here. Plus I hadn't lost any pounds so I was bummed.
Isn't it just like the Lord, though, when we're most down that He finds a way to pick us up? My BodyTalk practitioner, Elizabeth Hanson, called just as I got in from the barn to check on how the shoulder was doing. She checked with my body and she learned that the muscles in my shoulder are trying to protect the injured area. They're stiffening up so that I don't move it--this is a perfectly normal response. Well, it just so happens that Elizabeth used to work for an orthopedic surgeon and has experience with such things. She said that I need to keep the shoulder in a sling and she told me how to make one out of a dishtowel. Elizabeth said that this will help the shoulder muscles to relax and that this pain I'm feeling is partly from the tension. Hopefully this will help the wound to heal quicker which I am all in favor of.
Elizabeth has been a God-send to me over and over. God used her to save my life and I am so honored to have for my practitioner. She's the best in the state--probably several states. If she would ever come to my blog again, she would get her compliment. Shall we see how long it takes her? :)
Oh yes, the best news. This morning when I weighed, I was down by 13 pounds since I started. I learned that one must be faithful with the cyllium husks! More about this later as I need to get out to the barn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be paying for you as you finish your cleanse. It sounds like God has been blessing it!
Robin Fuehrer

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...