Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day 14 on the Master Cleanse

I'm trying not to get stressed because I know that stress means pain to me, but I am very burdened. It's raining here and the temperature is 34 degrees. This means that the roads will turn to solid ice if it gets much colder. How can the home schoolers get to the capitol tomorrow to speak up for their rights if they have to drive on icy roads? We are disappointed that it most likely won't be safe for others and us to travel. We did take the the time to send out an email urging local people to swamp the capitol tomorrow. Also Robert and I just sent an email to the committee members urging them to support the home school bill which could draw people to our state. It looks as though this may be all we can do, though, for we won't risk our necks for it. It is such a comfort that our Heavenly Father is only a prayer away and He is the one who can help us the most anyway. OH HELP!!
Well, this was my second to the last day on the cleanse. I must say that Cora has been a treasure beyond words as she has done most of the cooking throughout the cleanse. The others have been good too and tried to keep their "Wonderful food" comments to a minimum.
I'll talk about my throat now as it's been bothering me. I'm so glad that I can use BodyTalk to help me figure out what is going on. I guess I am one of those people who needs to follow each glass of lemonade with some water. I didn't always do that, because I wasn't thirsty after the lemonade, but the acid was too much and my throat felt a bit like a burn. After I started drinking a little water every time I drank the lemonade, that cleared up. I want to share this bit of information in case someone else is dealing with that.
Well, I'm tired and I want to get to bed early because we will head for Bismarck by 6:30 if the weather cooperates. I know that this probably won't happen but I still want to prepare for it in case I should happen to wake up to Spring in the morning. :)

2 comments:

Tamera said...

Were you able to go yesterday? Dana said the roads were wet, but not icy. It never did get below freezing yesterday, I don't think.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamera,
It's great to hear from you! No, we didn't go but Jonathan Bartlett said that he will be posting on his blog soon about all that the Lord did on behalf of home schoolers in the capitol yesterday morning. You can read his thoughts, if you like, as I have a link to his blog here.
Blessings,
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...