Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 9 of the Master Cleanse



Well, here I am with my jug. :) One of the ingredients in the lemonade is Grade B organic maple syrup. The lemons do the bulk of the cleansing and the maple syrup provides the nutrients while you are off of food. The third ingredient is a very small dose of cayenne pepper which helps to stimulate circulation to further cleanse all of the systems of the body. If anyone wants the recipie, let me know.
Anyway, I mix the lemonade in my Vita-Mix and store it in the frig. I fill a water bottle with it and, when I'm out in the barn, I take swigs as I feel the need for energy. One day I couldn't find the water bottle so I took this maple syrup jug, which I had just emptied, out to the barn for chores. When my family saw it, they teased me that I was hitting the jug like Granny in the Beverly Hillbillies. I had Cora take my picture then because it will be the one and only time that I'll be accused of THAT!!!
I'm feeling stronger each day but tonight I had a pain on my right side for a few hours. I'm very thankful that I know how to do BodyTalk, as that took care of it. I know that others have said that they had aches and pains, while on the cleanse, but I hadn't felt any that bad. It's gone now, so I'm thankful. It did make me realize that I need to post that nobody should undertake this unless they have researched it thoroughly and feel the Lord leading them to it. One friend of mine told me that she and her husband did it 25 years ago and it helped both of them so much. It sounds as though next time I do this, Cindy may do it with me so that would be REALLY nice. Until that happens, though, I am VERY grateful to those who have shared with me how to proceed.
I am feeling led to go 15 days. Today Andrew glared at me, when I mentioned it, and I was reminded of what I read about surrounding oneself with encouraging people when you do the cleanse. I told him that he can do with his body and I'll do what I feel is best for mine. It felt good to stand up for myself--something that I don't have much experience with.
Best get to family prayer so we can get to bed. Tomorrow we're loading the calves to take to the sale's barn. They'll sell on Thursday so that will be our family day at the sales' barn. I'll get some pictures.
We are mildly optomistic about the price. As everyone in this country knows, our economy is in trouble so we have been praying each week about when to sell them. We had decided to sell them in January but it never felt right. We had decided right before the weekend that it was the right time. On Monday a report came out saying that cattle numbers are down considerably from where they usually are. Now, for 2 days, the prices are up so we are praying that this trend continues. If anyone actually reads this, it would be a blessing to our family if you too would pray for us to get the best possable price for our yearlings.
To any who are on the Master Cleanse with me right now, I encourage you to do what is best for you in the long run. My favorite verse could come in handy right now (for me) so I'll share it with you too. I memorized 1 Corinthians 10:13 as a child and it has blessed me innumerable times. It goes like this, "Therefore hath no temptation overtaken you but such as is common to man. God is faithful who will not suffer you to be tempted above that which you are able but will, with the temptation, provide a way of escape that ye may be able to bear it." I encourage you to put your trust in your Heavenly Father who made you and you'll be fine!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had read this sooner so I could have been praying for the sale of the calves. Hope all went well:)
Robin Fuehrer

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin,
It is nice to hear from you. The calves sold "Average" for what was there. The trouble is that, with the sluggish economy, ALL of the farmers did not get what they got last year for their year's work.
What we need now is adequate mositure to grow the pastures and the crops. Your prayers would be appreciated here.
Also, I applaud your family's support of our family. What the family farm needs, if it will survive, is more people like you driving out to the farms and buying directly from someone they know and trust. It's good for everybody.
Blessings as you serve our Heavenly Father where He has planted you!
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...