Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stiff on Day 11 of the Master Cleanse

No, you will not get soar and stiff in the shoulder, neck, and back just by doing the Master Cleanse but yes, it will happen to you if a 505 # steer comes crashing into you and throws you to the ground. I know the exact weight of that nasty critter now because they separated him from the bunch he was with at the sale's barn today--he must have been too ugly to go with the others. ): We all groaned when they did that because he does NOT like to be separated from the others. He bellered and stomped around the ring. The guys got out of his way quicker than I did yesterday when we were loading him, for which I was grateful. I stuck my tongue out at him as he left the ring and felt somewhat vindicated for all of the pain he caused me in the past 24 hours. I haven't felt so childish in a long time but it's amazing how some critters, 2-legged or 4-legged, bring out the worst in me. I guess I'll need to tap that all out tomorrow as I need to get out to the barn now for chores.
First, though, I will share how difficult it was tonight at supper. The Bitz family, who own the sales' barn for generations, usually offer us supper when we bring in our year's work of calves. I was hoping that they'd sort of forget this time and we could go home, but it wasn't to be. Well, our boys were famished and Robert thought it would be good to take advantage of their generosity, while we had it, so he encouraged me to order something and share it with the boys.
I picked something that I thought they might like and a bowl of soup. I thought just maybe it would be very thin soup, mostly broth, but that wasn't the case. Ordinarily I would have loved to sit and eat with my family after the sale, but I AM DETERMINED TO GET WELL!!!!!!!!! So it came and I slurped a few spoonsfull of the broth--good soup. Then I realized that if I didn't quit RIGHT NOW, I would be eating the whole bowl which was filled with beef and noodles. I quickly dismissed myself from my table and went out to the van. Then I poured myself some more lemonade and dreamed of the day when I'll be well. Now, one must be completely sick and tired of being sick and tired to do THAT, and I am. Thanks for helping me through that one Lord and please bless my efforts with greater strength and youth to my step every day. So, in the words of Maria as she stood at the Von Trap family mansion just after she finished singing with great gusto, "I have confidence in...........," OH HELP!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...