Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hurt on day 10 of the master cleanse

Well, I said that I'd write about loading calves but I didn't think that I would be writing in pain. I'll tell more later but a 600# steer decided that he wanted to run me over this afternoon and he did a very good job of it. Robert helped me to the house and I soaked for 3 hours. For you BodyTalkers, I've done Fast Aid 3 times and just finished a session on myself. My adopted sister, Ellen, did a session out of the goodness of her heart, and I'm feeling somewhat better. There's still too much pain to go out to chores, though, so I told Jacob that if he covered for me in the barn, I'd do a session for his dairy cow, Gracie, who isn't feeling the best. I'd much rather be outside working than in the house in pain--it gets old.
This was day 10 on the cleanse and it was the highlight of my day to be so in control of my appetitie. I cooked lunch for the family and wasn't even tempted to snitch. I've decided to go 15 days for sure now. I'm not sure how that will work tomorrow at the sale--they usually give us a free supper when we bring in the calves. Still, I am determined to stick with this as Andrew's graduation gives me a motive to stick to this weight loss goal. I haven't weighed recently but my wedding ring was looser when I had it on last and my skirts are fitting more comfortably. WHAT A BLESSING!!!
We put Mabel on the truck with the other calves and I haven't even posted about her yet. Her life is a miracle and Robert said that when they opened the barn door to see if she could go with the others, she bounded out with joy. THANK YOU LORD FOR SAVING MABEL'S LIFE. It's kind of nice because we just got the vet bill today in the mail.
Best get to that session for Gracie. If anyone is reading this tonight, I would appreciate your prayers for a speedy recovery from being hurled to the ground by that vicious beast. I should have moved out of the way but the whole thing happened so fast and I just thought he would give. I guess not.
Love to all!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...