Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 8 of the Master Cleanse

Today was such a nice day. Chores went well; the semi actually started with #2 fuel in it, which is a miracle; and I didn't even notice the bread baking until Cora pulled it out of the oven. I had a thought that I could live like this forever. I get more work done, while everyone is eating, and I'm not hungry as long as I keep drinking the Lemonade.
The only side-affect that is really nasty is this coating on my tongue. When I first read about the Master Cleanse, they said that you should keep on it until your tongue comes clean. This could be up to 40 days. Now this other man says that it's best not to go that long the first few times that you do it. You should build up to doing it longer. Still, all things considered, I'm pondering doing it for 15 days. Now that I'm started, and having more energy and less pain, I don't want to stop. I guess I'll keep praying and see how I feel but I really have no desire to quit the Master Cleanse in only 2 days. Enough on that.
Today, being Andrew was gone helping Robert to haul home hay, Jacob and I got done sooner with school. I decided to sit down and work on Andrew's graduation guest list. I was pretty surprised when I saw how many friends we really have--not to mention the relatives. :) I went through my address book; then the church directory; then our neighborhood and put together 3 columns of names. Andrew cut some of them out when he got home, mostly my BodyTalk friends (sorry ladies). Then he added some more names to the list that I wouldn't have thought of. Then Robert did the same thing when I read him the list over supper. We couldn't decide about our aunts and uncles, because there are a bunch of them, so we tabled that part until later. I don't want to wait to work on all of these details, as things get pretty wild around here starting in March and don't usually let up until November.
As the children dressed for chores, they were getting their imaginations involved and I heard some awesome ideas coming out. This graduation is going to be vastly different from Cora's but it should be a lot of fun. One thing is sure, it's going to have a Lego theme as Andrew has been building for a decade. You should see some of the things that he builds. Well, all of the guests who come will be able to see them as Cora is working on the slide show. She's also writing the puppet skit. Andrew has decided to sit out this time so we're trying to draft Robert into playing Jed Clamppit. I'll be Granny; Jacob's practicing Jethro's voice; and sweet Cora is trying to learn to sound like Ellie Mae. I just hope that my shoulders can take puppeteering again--it's been a long time. Oh well, I have faith that the Master Cleanse, will bring me the shoulder strength that I need by that time. If not this cleanse, then the next will bring me closer. After I'm finished with this one, I have to wait 2 months to do it again. That means that I can get another one in before the graduation. It would be sooooooo nice not to hurt and to really enjoy all of the excitement!
Best get out to the barn!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...