Monday, March 8, 2010

Gearing up for Module 4/7

WOW, I am REALLY starting to get excited about my BT class next week now. Elizabeth just went over the objectives of the class and then did a group session on all of us who are taking the class. It is so exciting to realize that soon I will learn more of the neat things that Elizabeth has been doing on me these past 2 1/2 years!

The session was very interesting in that I realized that I am not the only one who is nervous about going into a group setting to learn a bunch of new material; who doubts her self-worth; and who is nervous to work on others with new material. It was neat to have all of us needing to go back to our childhood years and deal with the fear of learning and the self doubt of wondering if I'm stupid or not. I thought that I was the only one!

We got homework to do the day before class so that was a reminder for me to get back to doing my Access every day. It REALLY helps a lot to do Access every day before a big class like this as it gets the body/mind built up to handle the shock. I do mean shock as I'll be sitting in class from 9:00 until 6:30 for 4 days straight. I decided not to take any clients the Wednesday before class so that I don't have the stress of a Bismarck run too.

I have resigned myself to not being able to go to the home school convention this year. It does bother me, though, that none of my family will be able to get away for it. It's in Fargo this year so they couldn't drive it and do the chores. I'll be tied up in class so they'd already be 1 person down. It just seemed easier to everyone to stay at home this year. I guess it's our turn for that.

For as long as I can remember, we have prayed that the Lord will get everyone to the convention that He wants to be there and to keep those away whom He does not want to be there for His reasons. It's always easier to pray that, though, when we know that someone ELSE will be the ones that He wants not to go that year. AREN'T WE SELFISH??????

Anyway, I urge everyone to go to the convention and then you can tell me all about it later. :)
Best get to doing my Access and hit the sack. If anyone is concerned about this, it would be great to have lots of prayer support for the Module 1 & 2 that Melanie is teaching in Fargo this week and the Modules 4 & 7 that she is teaching in Bismarck next week. I am so glad that this time I see Melanie, I don't have to look at her with dread in my heart for now my testing is behind me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sleep well all,

Dawn

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I had forgotten that you were taking more classes the week of the convention. I will miss seeing you there!

Remember the year in Grand Forks when our van broke down? That was so hard but was such a special time for Tim and me as we never get to be alone. We always take the children with us. At the time I was so bothered by it. I remember when I finally released it all to God as I realized I wasn't going to make it home to my babies that night. Then I had peace and could enjoy being with just my husband. Once the van was fixed I couldn't concentrate on the convention anymore and wanted to get home. Now it is a good memory.

Thanks for the reminder. It helps to know how and what to pray as I pray for you each day.

Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kimberly,
I recall very vividly how I was so sure that God had sent me down that hallway just then. You were upset and it felt good to just sit with you then.
As I prayed for you, I marveled how God had Tim and you at the front desk at the exact moment that the cancellation was called in and you two sweethearts had a room!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
It still bites a little that I won't be able to attend the convention this year. It's always been the one time of year that I get to meet up with many of my Christian friends. The Lord has a reason for it, though, and I just need to accept it.
I comfort myself thinking that, if I MUST miss the convention, then at least I get to be learning more techniques to further help people with their health challanges. The Lord knows that this IS my cup of tea, plus I will get to spend time with my BT friends and make new ones.
Last night Elizabeth did a telewebinar to familirize us with what we will be learning during those 4 days. Also she did a group session for all of us in class. I feel like that session already started knitting our hearts together so, although it won't be the home school convention, I'm sure that the Lord will bless me in class too!
Your prayers are immensly appreciated!!!!!!!
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...