Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pet Peeve

OK. I've been thinking about this post for a couple of weeks--thinking about it and then putting off writing it. I was just listening to one of Dr. Veltheim's videos about how EVERY aspect of our lives affects our health, so now I'm ready to write about this topic.

As you may or may not know, I have been struggling for the past 3 1/2 years to recover from an illness which almost took my life in 2006. It's called shingles on the brain. I realize now that I got to be in that bad shape by stuffing every negative thought and emotion that I had. I can see now that this is a VERY BAD HABIT!

God gave us our emotions to be our guides through life. When we are angry about something, God is trying to move us to some action to make some change that is necessary for our continued growth. By stuffing the anger, we don't make the change; we don't experience the growth that was intended for us; we die a little bit more; AND the anger wears us out and becomes negative energy in our body/minds. This knowledge is giving me the courage to share what I have been holding in for a couple of weeks now.

Well, I have a pet peeve. It is when people say that they are interested in learning about something and then they turn against ME when I share with them what I know in an attempt to help them to learn it. IS IT MY FAULT THAT THEY NEED TO MAKE CHANGES IN THEIR LIVES? IS IT MY FAULT THAT GOD CHOSE ME TO MAKE THEM AWARE OF A BETTER WAY TO THINK, OR DO SOMETHING, OR BEHAVE? IS IT MY FAULT THAT GOD IS TRYING TO MOVE PEOPLE BEYOND WHAT THEIR PARENT'S TRADITIONS ARE AND INTO TOTAL OBEDIENCE? IS IT MY FAULT THAT GOD IS TRYING TO IMPROVE THIS WORLD BY HELPING US TO MOVE BEYOND OUR PETTY DIFFERENCES? IS IT MY FAULT THAT GOD HAS REVEALED GREAT TRUTHS TO ME THROUGH THE GREAT TRIALS I HAVE ENDURED IN THESE 52 YEARS OF LIFE ON THIS EARTH? IS IT MY FAULT THAT THE TRUTH MAKES PEOPLE, RAISED WITH LIES ALL AROUND US, UNCOMFORTABLE????????????????????????????

When I shared this latest incident with Jacob, he with his 14 years of wisdom said, "Mom, people just want to sit on the fence. They don't want to have to dig in deep and learn the truth because then they will have to pick a side and get off the fence. They will have to change their lives!" WOW!!!

I want to be perfectly clear here. I am not pushing any of my beliefs on you. All I'm asking for is this, "If you really DON'T want to know what I have learned about something, PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!! It's a waste of my time, which is poor stewardship, AND it ruffles my serenity.

Please pray for me as I struggle to shed my pet peeves and enter the true bliss of self-control. If anyone has any truly good ideas of how to develop THAT in my life, I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts. I REALLY WOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your patience as I travel on this journey towards wellness!

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...