Sunday, March 7, 2010

A mother for 23 years today

I had to go way back in a VERY old photo album to find these pictures to share with you. They're not very clear but I just HAD to share them with you before I set to work making Cora's birthday supper.

We just spent about 2 hours playing piano duets in the new duet book that I gave Cora for her birthday, so I'm a little behind. Still, how could I not take this moment to honor the life that made me a mother. :)

Here I am just a few weeks before Cora was born. We came home from church and Robert found me looking at the new stroller that friends had just given to us. I'm so glad that he took this picture of both the stroller and me as I have very pictures of me when I was pregnant. Oh, how I loved being pregnant!!!!!!!!! How awesome it was to know that God was shaping a human being inside of my body. WHAT A MIRACLE THAT WHOLE PROCESS IS!!!

This is the first time that I held Cora Beth Bornemann in my arms. It was love at first sight--at least for me! :)

Cora was born on a Saturday morning. Well, on Saturday nights we always played volleyball with the co-ed volleyball league in Eureka. Robert was so tired but he said to me, as I held little Cora, "You don't mind if I go to play volleyball and brag about our little girl, do you?" I laughed as I knew that all of the new dads had been doing it for years. I said, "If you have the energy, I'm not going to stop you." He snapped this picture right before he left to go burst his buttons. :)

Robert did catch a little sleep that day before the guests started arriving to see Cora Beth. I was too wired to sleep at first even though we'd been up all night. I wanted to HOLD MY BABY!!!!

Now that Mom is gone, this note touched my heart. She had bought a baby quilt for Cora's gift and this was the card she attached to it. It reads, "So happy the waiting is over. Glad everyone is doing so well. Welcome Cora Beth. The Delzer Grandparents." How they loved our little girl! Where does time go?????????

Cora has been such a dream come true baby. Her whole life has been such a joy as she has the disposition of an angel; the strength of an ox; and the tidiness of a grandmother. Although I don't very often quote my mother, it seems fitting today, "WELCOME CORA BETH!" I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET CORA,
MOM

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a wonderful post! It is so nice to look back at the birth of each child on their birthdays. We do that, too.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...