Thursday, March 18, 2010

IT'S TIME FOR SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can hardly believe that Module 4/7 starts tomorrow in Bismarck! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO
excited!!! I covet your prayers, as it will be a LOT to try to take in with classes (all new material) being every day for 4 days from 9:30 to 6:30, plus 2 hours of driving added in.

Other years I have pondered accepting a standing invitation at my friend, Bel's, house. It seemed so wonderful to be able to just go "Home" and unwind without having to do the driving. Then when I thought of how much better I sleep in my own bed than anywhere else, and how much I'd miss seeing my family, I knew that it would be best for me to commute. I'm comforting myself also that it won't be so bad now that there is more daylight. :)

Please pray for the class. Elizabeth told me last night that 2 more people have decided to join us so that means there will be 18. When there are that many people in the room, there isn't enough space to have lecture tables AND work tables. What we do then is do our classwork while seated at the massage tables. Then, when it's time to work on each other, we have to put all of our books on the floor and get out the pillows. All of this takes time and slows things down, which is an irritation at times. Oh well, how else could I afford to take a class with travel, hotel, and meal expenses added in? I am VERY thankful that our group is now large enough so that the upper modules can come to Bismarck. YEAH!!!! I'll try to post pictures every night, but we'll see how tired I am. :)

I wish all of you who get to go to the home school convention TONS of warm fellowship; great learning; and joy as you praise the Lord together in songs and worship!!!!!!!!!!!! The convention is in our prayers as you all travel and with the concern over flooding. GOD WILL BRING EVERYONE TO THE CONVENTION THAT HE WANTS THERE!! Those of us who are in the category of them that He doesn't want there this year (for whatever reason) will rejoice to hear later of how you were blessed in the Lord! Please share freely--especially your pictures. :)

I haven't written about what's been going on with the ND Massage Therapy board as I wasn't sure what the Lord wanted me to do about it. Elizabeth called late on Tuesday saying that she had just learned that they were holding their meeting THIS morning at 9:00 in Bismarck to discuss what to do with all of us BodyTalkers........ who are ILLEGALLY PRACTICING MASSAGE!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Specifically they were going to discuss the VERY negative feedback that they got from that article in the Dickinson press last December.

Anyway, I was trying to determine if the Lord wanted me to go and speak my mind about this AGAIN. You may recall that I took the opportunity to do so in January at the capitol. I STRONGLY felt that I needed to take yesterday and today to rest up for class and do distance sessions for clients that I won't be able to see during the class.

First I told Elizabeth that I couldn't handle the stress of another day on the road. Then I told her that Andrew may be going up to get grain cleaner parts and I'd go represent us BodyTalkers if he would drive me. Then I told Elizabeth that I wouldn't go because he decided that he'd wait until next week to get the parts that he needs as he has enough work to do with the parts that he has. Then I told her that maybe I could go to the meeting because now Cora is buying some bred heifers from up there and Robert needs to do some business, so I might ride along with him early this morning. Then late last night I told Elizabeth that I went on their website and found that the meeting was cancelled due to the weather (that would have to be the political climate that they find themselves in as the weather is gorgeous.) Lastly I told Elizabeth that I just couldn't go to bed without doing SOMETHING, so I did THIS and I sent her a copy, and FINALLY HAD PEACE! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm only ONE of her clients. :)

This is the email that I sent to the secretary of the ND Massage Therapy board late last night. Now, I want to make it perfectly clear that I love a LOT of massage therapists. The local one in Napoleon offered me a place to work in her home, except that she doesn't really have room for another practitioner, but it's the thought that counts! I have nothing against any of the wonderful massage therapists that I know. However, this one who is the secretary of their board is another matter. She has cost ALL of us energy practitioners in the state LOTS of stress and time and expense to try to keep on top of their tricks.

I decided this morning to post this on my blog so that people can see my response to the threat of the board that we must stop working because they view us as doing massage. That is so totally ridiculous as I could NEVER do massage with my limited strength. NOR DO I WANT TO DO MASSAGE, AS IT IS BODYTALK WHICH SAVED MY LIFE!!!

I need you all to understand that, as far as I know, it's just the board which is confused about our work and resenting that we are taking away income from them, but I could be wrong about this part. I do not hold the board's actions against any individual massage therapist except the secretary of the board who stirred up this hornet's nest!

One friend cautioned me here to separate the individual massage therapists from the board saying, "Some day you may find that YOUR board doesn't 100% represent YOUR wishes either." Good advice. Currently we don't even have a board but this action by the ND Massage Therapy board has started to unify all of us energy workers so that there is now talk (after working together at the capitol) of forming a ND Board of Energy Practitioners or something of the sort. We'll see.

So without any further ado, this is what I sent to the secretary of the ND Massage Therapy board late last night. I tried to be as civil as possible and I asked her to share my thoughts with all of the members on the board. PLEASE PRAY THAT MY THOUGHTS, AND THOSE OF THE OTHER ENERGY PRACTITIONERS WILL HELP THE BOARD TO SEE THAT THEY NEED TO PRINT A WRITTEN APOLOGY IN ALL OF NORTH DAKOTA'S NEWSPAPERS. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, I want to share one funny aspect of my comments to the massage board. When I wrote up my "Testimony" yesterday, I said that God himself had given me my diagnosis because He did! Well, over lunch yesterday I asked everyone what they thought of wording it that way. It was unanimous that I'd be put into the KOOK category if I left it that way. So we had a ball trying to come up with the best way to express that concept.

Some suggestions were, "My physician," "An old doctor," "My physician, who is great," "A wonderful physician," "Paulette's physician," "A doctor I met up there" but that one wouldn't work because I didn't JUST meet God up at Paulette's. Let me know of what you think of what I settled on. NO, I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU HERE--YOU NEED TO KEEP READING TO FIND OUT. ;)

To my whirlpool for a reprieve and then to work,

Dawn


To whom it may concern,

I am one of the BodyTalk practitioners who met at the capitol to share my thoughts on the slanderous article that was put in the Dickinson newspaper. If I had not come across BodyTalk in 2006, I WOULD BE DEAD FROM SHINGLES ON MY BRAIN. I don't know how you people can sleep knowing that you are trying to keep North Dakotans from getting the kind of help they need!

I was planning on coming to the meeting tomorrow morning to share my thoughts on that newspaper article. However, I just saw on your website that the meeting has been cancelled. At least this is what I saw on your site:

Next Board meeting is scheduled for:Ramkota Inn - Bismarck Room 3130 March 18, 2010 - due to the weather the meeting was cancelled for tomorrow. 9:00am - 2:00pm

In light of my uncertainty about the meeting being held, and the drive that I would need to take to attend a meeting that may not be held, I am sending my comments for all of you on the board to read. I am trusting that you will share my thoughts with all of the board members. Many of us feel that your board needs to print a rebuttal for the slanderous comments which you have made against our businesses. We are certified by the International BodyTalk Association and that should be good enough for you.

Most sincerely,

Mrs. Dawn Bornemann



My name is Dawn Bornemann and I'm from rural Kintyre, ND where I live on an organic farm. I am alive today because of a healing modality called BodyTalk. The stresses of repeated droughts, plus family tensions, almost took my life in 2006. That year in July I began trying to find a doctor who could figure out why I was dizzy all the time.

I became deathly ill but none of the 4 doctors I saw were able to figure out what was wrong with me until much damage was done to my nerves. Later a neurologist told me that I was, "Stressed out and needing a good rest." I then went to a health center in the Turtle Mountains for 18 days to "Have a good rest." I was certain that it would be a permanent one!

Fortunately, I found a naturopathic physician there who diagnosed me with internal shingles on my brain. That was when we began bee venom therapy, as that had been proven to help with shingles. Immediately I improved a tiny bit and was sent home with a quart jar full of honey bees.

My 20 year old daughter gave me, on average, 5 bee stings a day for a year until my body began to reject the venom. At that time, I met another naturopath who suggested that I take the BodyTalk Access class, which I did in June of 2007. When this helped, I pursued in-depth BodyTalk sessions with Elizabeth Hanson, CBP, who also taught the class. I improved quickly then, so she became my heroine!

After using the simple Access techniques for 6 weeks, I was able to reduce the bee stings from 5 to 1 a day. The nerves in my neck began to heal and I had hope of recovering. Prior to this, my sense of balance was damaged from the shingles and for many months I needed somebody to guide me about lest I fall AND it was unsafe for me to drive a vehicle. My head bobbed constantly, as the nerves to my neck were so damaged that there was not enough support for my head. Also, it sounded as though a freight train was running through my head for almost a year and my short-term memory was badly damaged. I liken the pain in my neck and head during that time to someone holding a hot iron to my neck! I lived on pain killers.

In September of 2007 I was somewhat recovered and took the 5 day BodyTalk classes called Modules 1 & 2. On the last day of class, Elizabeth used the BodyTalk biofeedback method of checking with my body. When she asked, "Are bee stings a priority?" the answer came back, "NO." That morning my daughter had given me bee-sting # 745 and it was the last, for the sessions that I received in class healed the nerve damage so incredibly that I no longer needed the bee venom therapy. THAT WAS ONE OF THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE!!!!!

After that, I had the knowledge I needed to give myself BodyTalk sessions whenever I had pain. Believe me, I MUCH PREFER THIS TO GETTING BEE STINGS EVERY DAY AND MY DAUGHTER DOES TOO!

As others saw my progress, and recovery from a life-threatening illness, they started asking me to give them sessions. I pursued further training with the International BodyTalk Association and then, last Fall I, myself, became a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner (CBP). I named my business, LINKS TO HEALING. I'm so glad to have this wonderful tool which is helping others to recover from minor problems to life-threatening situations.

BodyTalk works by strengthening the communication systems within the body. When we are under stress, the messages that are supposed to flow freely through our body are hampered. The brain is able to repair ANY damage IF its 2 sides are properly linked to each other. I like to think of stress as a tree that's fallen across a road, consequently blocking the flow of traffic. When the crane comes and removes the tree, then traffic can flow freely once again. A BodyTalk session is like that crane that removes the cause of the blockage, PLUS, it repairs the damage to the road.

We use biofeedback to determine where the blockages are located. Then we determine what items need to be linked together to bring healing and we lightly tap on the head. We're saying to the brain, "I know that you know this, but you may have forgotten it with all of the stress you've been under." Next, we lightly tap on the heart so that it stores this information and the changes become permanent. This is how BodyTalk healed my traumatized brain.

I have had many massages and they were not one bit like a BodyTalk session, so I am hoping that my sharing this will help a little to end the confusion! We BodyTalkers do NOT do massage! I cannot imagine myself being strong enough to be a massage therapist, as my body was permanently weakened. I CAN lightly pull on a hand to get a "Yes," or "No" response, though. In this way, not only have I been able to save my own life, but I've been blessed to be able to help others recover their health as well!

See what's happening at our organic farm by viewing my blog (an on-line journal) at:
http://dawns-hope.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

That's an amazing testimony, Dawn! I had heard you tell parts but this was in more depth. Thanks for sharing it here.

We had an amazing time at the convention. The main speaker was so encouraging and really just what we needed to hear. The children loved Buddy Davis and the pool. It was a great time to get away together. I will try to blog about it sometime soon.

Love,
Kimberly

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...