Sunday, February 5, 2012

Drinking beer


Yesterday afternoon, just as I woke from my nap, a thought went through my head.  "I have got to do something about this feminism that is destroying our country."  Just as quickly, a poem started taking shape in my mind.  Now mind you, I am the kind of perfectionist who likes my poetry to have regular meter and rhyme.  This means that, if I do decide to write some poetry, it's got to be PERFECT.  Certainly I would go over it dozens of times before I would ever share it--even with my family.

  All in all, then, this little ditty that came to me in a couple of minutes would not have passed my inspection even a few years ago.  When I shared it with Cora, though, she liked it and suggested that I share it with the world on Super Bowel Sunday.  After all, SHE did a tribute to this special day on her blog.  Did you see it?

 You know what, I'm getting so healthy that it doesn't even matter if anyone else in the whole world likes my poetry--I LIKE THIS ONE!!!  I hope that it will be an encouragement to those of you Christian ladies out there who truly DO want to honor your husband as the head of your family--even though you were never taught how nor know where to begin.  That is my intention.

Dawn


DRINKING BEER
by Dawn Bornemann

In young and old
The story's told
O're and o're again.

In female breasts
Who once passed tests
Of loyalty to men.

Now all we find
In feminine minds
Much to her disgrace.

"I'll prove to him--
It's not a whim--
I can run this place!"

So they pick and nag
Like some old hag
And drive their men away.

To me it's clear
Why men drink beer
Let's stop this thing today!

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...