Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kindness works

I'm sure that you know by now that it takes very little to make me happy.  I'm super happy right now, because all of the calves are loaded and at the sales barn in Napoleon for the sale tomorrow.  I'm also very sore from chasing cattle all day so I'm happy that I have my whirlpool to go to for comfort. 

Yesterday I found these words in the Punzeys Spices catalogue that Cora found last year.  It was such a wonderful concept that it, too, made me happy.  I hope that you cooks out there will be as blessed as I was by the following concept.  It's not really poetry but it sure does seem poetic.

 KINDNESS WORKS

Our years of selling spices have taught us that cooking is not a one size fits all world: far from it.  We've learned the wonder of cooking lies in the incredible diversity of the people who cook, and in the incredible variety of the foods they cook. 

Over the years we have come to understand for all of our differences, for the tremendous variety of what we cook, people who cook have something in common.  They care enough to make the lives of those around them better. 

The research shows that the kindness of cooks works.  People who share dinner together at the kitchen table go on to share a brighter future--a brighter future made possible by people with the kindness to build it one meal at a time. 

  It is this kindness we celebrate, this kindness we hope to spread, this kindness that makes all who cook ONE.  Through our pages we hope to share the greater family of human kindness that we've found all cooks belong to.  Come along and join us. 

Be ONE!




HOW COOL IS THAT?  Hey, what's for supper?

Dawn--Chief cook and bottle washer

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...