Monday, April 23, 2012

3 Generations

Hi again,

  We had a great day on Sabbath but, seeing as Cora did such a wonderful post about it, I'll save you the time of reading about it twice.  I do want to share, though, about the fantastic day that I had on Friday.  I don't normally work in my Bismarck office on Fridays, but I had received a special request to do so. 

The gal who called was in a class with me last Fall in Bismarck.  This means that she's a beginner in BodyTalk but was needing some upper module work done.  She also made an appointment for her son, whom I learned later is a BodyTalk practitioner a year longer than I am.  She also brought her parents in who had medical appointments in town that day.

  At first, when Mary Ann called, I had told her that my usual days up there are Tuesday and Thursday.  However, when I thought about the chance to have 4 new clients, I decided to go up and do it.  What a GREAT day it was--after I got there.  Oh my!

You see, the guys have been working on my CP (Crysler Pacifica) because it won't let you put gas in easily.  It takes forever to fill and then it only fills half the tank.  So my fellows had spent parts of 2 days fixing a PART of the problem.

 They were sure that I was good to go so I took off with the CP Friday morning.  A few miles out of Bismarck, all of a sudden the gas gauge dropped to nearly empty.  I called Robert immediately and he said that it could just be a censor OR it could be that the problem was only partly fixed and that I REALLY was almost out of gas.  Although they had put in 11 gallons at home, ever since we've had this problem, it won't burn the other half tank of gas.

Sure enough, just before I reached the first Bismarck exit where I get off to head for my office, I RAN OUT OF GAS.  I was glad that I'd left early but now what could I do but call my hero, Robert, AGAIN and ask him what to do.  Needless to say, I was shook up, and it really helped that there was a hitchhiker on the other side of the road--NOT!!!

Robert called a taxi for me and I made it to my office just a few moments after my 4 clients did.  I quickly set up things; then did a little BT on myself; and set to work.  Getting to work was the best thing as I quickly got wrapped up in the sessions.  Robert called our Jackson friends and made arrangements for David to get some gas in my car at the end of the day, but that comes later.

It was fascinating working on 3 generations of family members.  First I worked on the grandfather who has heart issues and lower back pain.  I spent a lot of time getting that back to release and, when he crossed his legs later on, I could see that he had much less pain.  He was pleased and gave me a big hug before he left at the end of the day--totally cool!

 Then I worked on the daughter who soon will be a grandmother.  She is a BodyTalk practitioner but has not been having any real success.  She and her son were going to open an office in Willistin but the building got run into by a car and is closed down.  We worked on the issues that were keeping her from feeling like a success and now I believe she is ready to begin working with the public.  AWESOME!

Next was the grandson who has suffered from test anxiety.  He wants to become a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner but blanked on the oral exam when he went in for the test.  This 21 year old man (who has been in BT for 6 years) told me later that he felt like a veil was lifted from his face and now he feels like he can test!  It's so wonderful to see people being transformed during their sessions.  They come in with hangups and the BodyTalk techniques release them so that people can begin again to pursue their dreams!

 Lastly was the grandmother whose hero brother died in 1957.  That's the year that I was born, so I remember the year, and she's been holding in to that grief ever since.  Sure, the tears poured out and she went through 3 Kleenix, but those tears have been waiting to pour out for over 50 years.  This woman gave me the biggest embrace that I have ever had when her session was finished!  Now can you see why I love my work so much?

It was also a joy when they asked if I would work on another one of their 17 children!  This woman has not been able to conceive and the medical system has not been able to help her either.  I told them that I was sure that BT could help as it has helped many people to both conveive and carry their babies to term.  Isn't that wonderful?  They thought that they would stop in on their way home (which was a 3 hour drive one way) and give her the good news that there is hope yet that she may be a mama some day! 

After all of that, here comes my brother in Christ, David Jackson, with his sweet babies.  They helped me carry everything out to David's van and soon we were parked by my CP on the interstate.  I held the funnel, as David dumped in the gas, and I shared how grateful I was for him to be my brother in the Lord.  Isn't it strange how I am so comfortable with this black man while my own brother who lives in Bismarck is a total stranger to me.  Thank God that I'm a part of the family of God.  AMEN?

Well, my faithful CP started right up and David followed me to the Oasis on the East edge of Bismarck.  As he filled his gas jug we talked about how he is learning to speak Spanish now and I was just so thrilled to see his desire to learn a new language. It is so wonderful to see adults learning new things--this thrills me every time I see it!

As I filled my CP, ever so slowly, David washed my windows and I rejoiced in his window washing technique as I realized that I was learning something new too.  The human brain is so incredible--absolutely incredible!!!

I followed David, Silas, and Jacylyn until they turned off to go to their Lincoln home.  The weather was so warm and lovely that I opened my window at the red light as I found myself parked beside them.  We all laughed in the Spring evening that marked the beginning of another Sabbath rest.  Finally the light turned Green and, as David started turning, I shouted, "GOD BLESS YOU!"  His grin was huge as he headed home to his awesome family to begin their Sabbath rest together.

I still had to get to Sam's club for supplies.  Would you call this a miracle?  As I came out and went to my car, who do you suppose had their car parked back to back with mine?  Yes, the family of 4 from Willistin.  We all laughed and headed our separate ways but I became more and more aware that the world truly is filled with friends just waiting to be made!  Let's go and make them, folks!

Here's to the brotherhood of Christ which spans the entire globe.  Here's a hug to all within it, and to those without it, I say, "Come on in".  There's room at the table for you!

Have a great week everybody!

Dawn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love hearing how God works things out.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...