Friday, July 24, 2009

He Lifts Me Up

Does anyone know the name of that old hymn? I hardly know any of the words but one of the phrases goes something like this. "He lifts me up and lets me stand." That part of the song is running through my head tonight as I ponder this day. It's been another super busy one. Although my sorrow at losing Josephine is right under the surface, the Lord has gone out of His way to make this day a happy one for me. Thank you, God!!!!!!!!!!!!

First thing this morning, I was met by a huge smile on Cora's face when I entered the barn. Being I didn't see my Brown Swiss, Clara, in her spot I said, "I thought that we were going to one batch of 4 now?"

She said, "We can't because Louisa calved last night and now we're back to 5 cows."

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! This is Cora's Holstein and everything went well. Cora drove mama and baby in from the pasture together. Then, when mama went in with the other milk cows, Cora quickly shut the gate behind her. By the time Louisa realized it, Cora had whisked her little baby off to the calf barn to be with her peers. That part still bothers me sometimes but it is the way with milk cows.

So Cora has a new little baby to love. It's a boy but the little bull doesn't have a name yet. I'm sure that she'll post a picture of the baby soon.

Then, friends stopped in to pick up their anniversary cake on their way to Bismarck to celebrate their 30th anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CHUCK AND DONNA!!!

Then, Jacob and I went to Napoleon and they were happy to consign mom's clothes in the thrift shop there EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE MORE THAN A YEAR OLD.

Then, one of our hens hatched out 5 baby chicks. Pictures to follow soon.

Now the best news of all! My dear friend and adopted sister, Ellen Schultz, called me very excitedly about 4:30. I knew before she even said anything. Late last night I did a super long session on her to help her to be the best that she could be on her big day. SHE TESTED TO BE A CERTIFIED BODYTALK PRACTITIONER TODAY AND SHE PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS!!!!!!!!!!

Ellen said, "Well, I passed! I got 99% on the written test and 95% on the practical."
You must have at least 90% on both tests to get certified. It's a 4-5 hour ordeal and one which can be crushing if things don't go as well as one had hoped.


I'D SAY THAT SHE PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS!!! Ellen, I am soooooooooooo proud of you!!!! You worked so hard these past 2 years to get to this point and you are such a great BodyTalk practitioner. You have inspired me to continue pressing on towards the mark of certification. You can see pictures of Ellen by going to the BodyTalk label on my sidebar if you want to see the smiling face of North Dakota's newest CERTIFIED BodyTalk practitioner!

At first I had thought about testing with Ellen at this time but my mom's death and everything that came as a result put too much stress on me. I guess the time just wasn't right for me. I am planning on testing this fall, though, when Melanie comes back from New York. I can hardly wait to see Ellen's certificate!

And now the most joyous day of the whole week is almost here. In a few hours, the Sabbath will come quietly upon us and we will rest from our labors. What's exciting about this Sabbath is that we thought that the rest of summer would be dull with no parties to look forward to. Well, we were wrong. Our farmground landlady is hosting a birthday party tomorrow night for her daughter who is turning 65. Cora made the cake and I'm sure that she'll post a picture of that soon too.


Well, I gotta go wash up the calf bottles--there's a new baby calf to feed tonight.

SABBATH BLESSINGS UPON YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...