Thursday, July 9, 2009

Temper

It's another busy day on the farm. Robert is hauling wheat for the neighbors who are trying to get their bins empty so they'll have room for the new crop next month--provided that there isn't any hail. We praise the Lord that He passed us over with the hail last night, but we did get more than our share of wind. It didn't help our already dilapidated deck and it broke off a few plants in the garden, but it could have been a lot worse. We didn't get the hail that they had predicted for our area! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, the boys are trying to get the loader mounted back on the 1086 which has been sitting down for a year until our men just put in another engine. Cora and I are working on laundry; placing the Azure order; and making plans for my father-in-law's 80th birthday on Sunday in Eureka. It's too wet to work in the garden now as we got almost 2 inches of rain in the past few days--YEAH. We're keeping the Sonic Bloom music playing continually and we watch eagerly for signs of vigorous plant growth. Of course we haven't sprayed on the mineral mist yet, but Andrew got the sprayer working just now, so I'm sure we'll do that in the morning.

So I should get going but there are just times when I MUST write. It's so strange. People have all kinds of needs in this world but I don't know too many people who feel that they NEED to write at times or they'll split their gut from trying to hold it in.

Anyway, AGAIN, I like to put something thought-provoking here every day so I thought I'd share the thought from my HEART WARMERS flip calendar that I have on my piano. There's always a little prayer and then a one-liner which usually smacks me in the face. Here's the reading for today.

Father, I feel that I am acceptable to You. I pray to become more accepting of others. Having known Your love, may I love more fully. In Jesus name, Amen.

Here's today's one liner for you to ponder: A TEMPER IS A VALUABLE POSSESSION--DON'T LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hi Mrs. Bornemann,

Our Andrew was looking at the title to your blog a minute ago, and said it out loud, "Dawn's Hope." Only it came out "Dawn 'SHope," or "Dawn soap!"

I thought you might have a laugh at his humor. :-)

Have a wonderful evening!

Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Dear Jonathan,
It was wonderful to hear from you last evening! Thanks for sharing that bit of family humor--I kind of miss not having "Little" people around here saying cute things!

Actually I've never been overly fond of my name. There was a boy in second grade named, "Donald." He went by "Don," and he tormented me constantly that we had the "Same name." The same name as a BOY!!!!! UGH!!!!! ):

I got even with him, though. One day the teacher called out our names to pick up our test papers.
She said what I thought was, "Dawn." So I walked up to her desk and picked up my test.

I was shocked when I saw that I had gotten a D minus as it was an easy subject for me. Well, just as I happened to be passing Don's desk, I noticed that it was HIS paper.

I said loudly, "Oh this is YOUR test. I didn't think that I would ever get a D minus."

Everyone roared with laughter, as they had seen him tormenting me many times. Do you know that he never said another word to me-- EVER!

Don't you just wish that YOU could have experienced the joys of public school life?

Have a great weekend, Jonathan, and please greet your mother for me.

Mrs. Bornemann

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...