Sunday, July 19, 2009

Friends

Oh how I love getting together with friends!!! Nothing brings out the sanguine in me like having tea with friends--unless maybe it's going to weddings with friends.

Friday was immensely busy. We rushed through chores as I needed to be in Dawson by 10:15 to pick up the Azure order. I got to visit with Terry, the trucker, a little bit about his truck troubles which caused the order to be 3 days late. I told him to check out Jacob's blog post about United Airlines as Terry is having trouble with the company who supposedly fixed his truck. He gave them $22,000 last year to do an overhaul. Then he gave them about $350 THREE times this year when things didn't seem right but each time they had said,"Nothing's wrong." Something was wrong, though, as he just blew the engine AGAIN. It's under warranty but they told him out and out that they were not going to pay the $3,000 he's paying for the rental truck he needed to rent to finish the route. They've even told him that they know that the man working on the overhaul wasn't in very good shape due to a death in his immediate family. THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG HERE!!!!!!!!!!! Where on earth did these companies get the idea that they do not have to stand behind their work??????????????? Please pray for Terry to be treated fairly as I happen to think if you give a company $22,000 for an overhaul, it should last longer than a year!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that I headed home; put gas in at Steele for our trip to the wedding; and made it in time for lunch. Cora wrote about how it worked best for her to take the tractor over to the field but I'd rather have done it myself than make her do it. She was very nervous. Still my friend, Sarah Keister, was coming to pick up her Azure order in the afternoon. It's been so long since we've had tea together so Cora very courageously offered to do the dastardly deed. I just do not like moving equipment down the road--I've never figured out how men can be so nonchalant about it. ):

I worked in my garden while I waited for Sarah to come and then we had a wonderful time of visiting. Sarah told me that what has helped her recover from her miscarriage the most is drinking kombucha tea. She had a present for me too. It was a fresh batch of kombucha. By early next week, it will have made a new baby and I'll probably make 2 batches at a time after that. Then by the next week I'll have some to give away for anybody who would like to have one. Just ask for one and if you want any information about it's health benefits, you can go to the Weston A. Price Foundation's website listed on my sidebar and type in, "Kombucha." I love Sarah so much as she is full of information about natural healing ways.

I was able to help her too as her little guy needed cortices. I did it for him and then taught Sarah how to do it on him daily. I am so eager to see how he improves but won't post any details until I have good news. It all depends on how faithful the parents will be to do the cortices throughout the day. It only takes 2 minutes but parents are busy and it's hard to form new habits.

After Sarah left, Jacob and I headed over to the field 13 miles from here which we call, "Fern's Up North." This is different than "Up North" which is 3 miles straight north of here. We helped Andrew fill fuel in the 9030 while he blew out the radiator. Then Cora drove Jacob and I home while I did a short BT session on myself.

When we got home, it was 5:30 and we hadn't started cleaning OR cooking the feast. ): There was a massive hustle to get mom's clothes off of the living room floor and the rest of the house picked up. Cora and Jacob did chores alone while I ran like mad to "Lightly clean" everything. We made a large pan of Shepherd's pie for feast so that the guys would have enough to eat on Sabbath when we girls would be gone at the wedding.

Finally we ate around 10:30 PM when Andrew and Robert got home. Robert was pleased as he'd finished cultivating the big field over at Fern's on '83 and Andrew was weary of cutting hay. THANK GOD IT WAS SABBATH!!!

Oh dear, now I need to go so I can't finish writing about the wedding as I'd like to. I'll just say that the highlight for me was seeing an old friend who had started BodyTalk sessions with me about a year ago and then quit for some reason. This woman is deathly ill now and was open to a session. We went out to the van and I put it in high gear. I didn't explain anything, which makes me nervous, but we only had half on hour. It was a fantastic session and she felt better already by the time we were walking back in to the hall.

Right before Cora and I took off for home, she said to me, "Wow--this is amazing but I feel now as if I have hope." One of the emotions that she needed to be balanced to was HOPELESSNESS. By getting that out of the way, and linking up what we had time for, the hopelessness was gone. I'd call that a miracle!!! I recall all too vividly the emotion called hopelessness which hung over my head 3 years ago. I said to my friend as we embraced, "I praise God that HE saved my life so that I could be here to give you hope." We both cried then, as she is so very ill. I could tell by looking in her eyes that the session had helped her. Before I worked on her, the look was pleading--desparate. Afterwards there was a glimmer of peace and hope. I pray that she will continue sessions this time and I ask you all to please pray for my friend, Joanne.

This experience gave me a better understanding of what those who love ME went through in 2006. What a dreadful thing it is to watch a loved one just gradually deteriorate. What a glorious thing it is now to have a tool called BodyTalk which can give anyone the hope they need to conquer the odds set against them. I love you Joanne--hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry so heavy right now. I'm still trying to figure out a way to warn people when my heart is what some have termed, "TOO EMOTIONAL." Is there really such a thing? I guess I really wasn't planning on "Going deep" today--it just kind of sneaks up on me and there I am. You really are dear friends to keep reading all of this!!!!!!! Thank you and here's a big hug for each one of you who reads this. HHHUUUGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll try to add pictures and wedding details later but I know that Cora will post sometime soon too, so you can check there.

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...