Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"New" dresses

Well ladies, have you ever had a brand new wardrobe handed to you overnight? It's a bit of a shock. If I wouldn't have Cora to help me, I would be overwhelmed. There are a LOT of clothes. Here are pictures of some of the pretty summer things--hats and gloves included. WOW--I never knew my mom had so many dresses and skirts. She hardly ever wore them. The last one is her favorite gown from their 40th anniversary.

Does anybody have any guesses as to why she had 2 or 3 Kleenexes in EACH pocket of EACH outfit and in every purse there were 5 or 6--all clean? I guess I inherited a box of Kleenex too!

I noticed something funny as I looked at these pictures just now. I do NOT like wearing shoes any more than is necessary. It's so funny that I have on these pretty dresses, but am barefoot. It reminded me of Ellie May Clampit in the Beverly Hill Billies. Did any of you ever see her flip that guy over her back when he tried to kiss her hand? When Mr. Drysdale asked her why she did it, she said, "That critter was going to bite me." :) She was gorgeous in her evening gown but Mr. Drysdale was a bit surprised when he saw that she was barefoot. No, I have no intention of ever hurting my neck and back by flipping anyone over--but then there aren't too many gentlemen walking around kissing ladies hands any more. :) ALAS..........





Here's the back view of Cora's "Creation."





It's going better today, but I still found myself crying a lot. It's easy to put it in the back of my mind that my mother is dead when I'm up here. However all of her clothes and things sitting around up here are pretty good convincers. Thank God that Cora was here to help me feel pretty and to help cut up the old things that are destined to be shop rags. Over the years I have ached so badly for a sister, but now Cora is almost like one to me. Thank you, Father, for such a precious daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Tamera said...

You look so nice!

I know it's hard to go through her things, but it's part of the healing process.

Kimberly said...

You look lovely! I know it is hard. How wonderful you have Cora. It's how I feel about Whitney! God Bless!

Tamera said...

If by chance you still have some things that you would like to get rid of, my girls would LOVE to have hats/gloves/purses/dresses for dress up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
It is hard to go through your moms things,it was hard to go through my moms things too. It is part of a healing process! Those dresses of your moms dresses are real nice on you. When my mom died I want some things of my moms,even if she was'nt nice to me alot of times.
Gwen

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...