Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Goat report

I'm sure in this world of woes, this may seem VERY insignificant to many people. However, if you have ever loved a goat, you will understand my sorrow over this sudden disaster. Here is the goat report from tonight's chores.

Well, the 2 cases of "Eating barn-lime disease" who were mild this morning are doing fair tonight. I'm pretty sure that they'll pull through but I still gave the triplet's mom another dose of mineral oil. Andrew's yearling doe is dead. She was VERY sick this morning. Elizabeth is still dead so there was no change there. Translation: 2 goats are dead so far from this.

Now for my Josephine. Joe is better than she was this morning. She came out of the barn and ate a little hay. I was concerned when she wouldn't drink the milk with charcoal in it as she guzzled this like mad this morning. I left it out there for her in case she changes her mind. She did take about half a cup of mineral oil. Jacob and I both prayed for her and then had an idea which I hope will tip the scales in her favor. We went over and wrestled down her kid, Mary. What a wild thing she is but, after Jacob got drug around the pen for about 2 minutes, I managed to catch up with them. He hung on tight so I was proud of him!

When we finally got her over to the barn with Joe, it was worth all the effort. Joe seemed to perk right up. Jacob had said before we began this adventure, "Mary doesn't need her mom any more--she's big enough to live without the milk." "No" I agreed, "but her mama needs her tonight to have a reason to hang on." PLEASE PRAY FOR MY JOSEPHINE TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I need to get things ready for tomorrow so I'll sign off. Jacob and I are heading to Bismarck. I'm seeing a special client at the center and Jacob and I are both seeing Dr. Faye for cranio-sacral sessions. I'm also going to try to consign mom's high quality clothes that nobody wants here and donate the lower end of things that were better than shop rag quality. I hope that it's worth the hassles but I have to do something with all of these clothes. I do have another treasure from mom to write about sometime but it'll have to wait as I want to take pictures and I'm too busy for that now.

Off to exercise,

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...