Sunday, July 5, 2009

Update on Dad

I have only a few moments because I should be working, instead of reading blog posts, but I am so draggy today. We got home from the rodeo last night at 1:30. The rodeo ended about 10:00 and then there was a rancher's rodeo which was VERY interesting. These were real farmer/ranchers and they did great. After this was the $10,000 Burlinton/Northern fireworks display and we then visited with the Geigers for about an hour. Miranda was home from Texas so it was hard to tear the 2 girls apart. The one comfort they have is that now they can get back to emailing as Miranda will spend the rest of the summer at her aunt's house where there is Internet access. All in all, it was a wonderful time and the weather was perfect.

I should mention that, on the way up to the rodeo, I read some more of Erling the Bold and on the way home, I finished reading it. We're all kind of lost now that the book is complete and wonder what we could read that would make as much of an impact on our "Self-defense" thinking. I so admire Erling that many times, when he could have killed, he didn't because he respected the life of even his most dastardly enemies. I encourage everyone who is seriously concerned about the state of our country to read ERLING THE BOLD!

I talked to my dad this morning and he sounded much better. He said that they finally decided that there was NOT a stone at all, but just a massive "Sore". I could let that word take me to all kinds of stressful locations, but I won't. I find it hard to believe that my father almost died because of a "Sore" on his liver. He said that they are doing further tests but I'm just going to be thankful that, for now anyway, they have said that there will be no surgery. I'll keep you posted as I hear of further developments.

Well, I should get to work. Our new friend, Bob, brought my garden-size Sonic Bloom kit on Friday night and I have been eager to get the CD playing out in the garden. I have been playing the cassette that came with it to my house plants and I am impressed with how much more alive they look. It's like they're standing at attention--they look so much more "Happy" and that's without the mineral supplement which makes the sounds work even better. I read about this years ago but it was quite a bit more expensive then, so I am excited that the Lord has now brought Sonic Bloom into my life. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get a boom box out to the garden.... Here's the link for more information just in case you too want to start adding sound therapy to the lives of the plants you love. http://www.real-sonic-bloom.com/

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...