Friday, July 10, 2009

Mylo

Has anyone ever heard Mylo Hatzenbuhler sing? I heard him sing in Eureka, shortly after we were married 28 years ago, and I thought he was the weirdest nut in the tree. I JUST DIDN'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!! As Robert would say, "You were just too uptight!"

Then about 12 years ago, Mylo came to our church camp at Crystal Springs and performed. By that time I had done enough recovery work to think, "He is really funny!!!!!!"

A few weeks ago the children and I heard him sing under the big tent at the Napoleon quasi celebration. WE ALL JUST LOVED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So if you don't appreciate Mylo yet, just give it a decade or so, and you'll begin to see what he's up to. What a brilliant mind he has--I guess maybe I should say that about Clyde Bauman who plays Mylo. Clyde also sang our Lord's praises, like nobody else can, that day in Napoleon. WHAT A VOICE HE HAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so glad that the children got to see him perform as his real self too so that they could see what he's really all about.

Anyway, the main reason that I like Mylo is that he makes people appreciate their local farmer. As you know from my other posts, I am very concerned about the gap between farmers and consumers--in other words between "City" and "Country". The family farms MUST have consumer support or we simply cannot compete with BIG agriculture. I thank you, Clyde, for your help in saving the family farms or at least raising compassion towards their/our plight.

This is one of my favorite songs that he re-wrote. When I was young, I really enjoyed hearing the song, "Alone again naturally." It always made me a little sad, but I was really sad then, so it clicked with me. Well, Clyde rewrote this song (I imagine) to raise concerns for the financial plight that many small farmers face every day. Robert just kept nodding his head as he listened to it the first time. My dream is that someday every farmer will be supported by about 100 families who come to the farm with respect and admiration in their hearts for the people who work so hard to give them truly HEALTHY food. Thanks for your help as we strive towards this goal, Clyde.

Out to the hay field,

Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...