Friday, July 31, 2009

Sabbath blessings

I love Friday nights more than any other time of the week. It is the start of the Sabbath festivities that we have enjoyed in our family for almost 14 years. We clean the house all day; make a feast; put down my grandmother's china; and rush out to chores. Sometimes I get to stay in to finish scrubbing the floor or cleaning the bathroom or seeing to some last minute food details. Friday afternoon is usually a mad dash to finish all of the week's TO DO list and today was no different. Every spare pair of hands is set to work to clean or cook or, in this case, to finish writing and addressing Andrew's graduation thank you cards. They will be done within a few minutes--YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I finished dealing with my mom's clothes and things this week too so it's time to relax and celebrate the feast of Sabbath in the old-fashioned Jewish way.

Because of all that I need to do yet, I will extend my Sabbath wishes to all of you in the form of an ecard that I received from one of my BodyTalk clients this week. It is sooooo wonderful to know that, through BodyTalk, I have been able to help this lady recover her lost dignity. In the process, she's become a friend who helps lift me up when I am burdened by this world's ugliness. Thanks Gwen!

Love to all,

Dawn

PS. Andrew just said that I can't copy the card but here is the link to it. I guarantee that you will be blessed if you take the time to read this! http://nethugs.com/friendship/dont-ever-forget/

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...