Thursday, November 5, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!

Where have the years gone? How can it be that my "Baby" is now 14 years old? Next week Jacob hopes to get his driver's permit and you all know how THAT changes things. I really am serious here--I cannot imagine that I am the mother of 2 adults and a 14 year old. I remember when Cora was born thinking that I would always be young and strong. I can remember reading then that no woman had ever regretted pouring her life into her young children, and they were right. I can remember reading everything Biblical that I could get my hands on as to how best raise children who would love God and serve Him all of their lives. I can remember doing most of what I read and you know what? They were right--it takes quantities of quality time to reassure a child that they are important to the parent. Not one minute of my staying home with my little ones do I regret now--only I regret that I didn't have more patience then.

I hope that you enjoy these pictures taken of my son, Jacob, in the past few months. The boy's beds are up in the air so they have more floor space in their room. You know how a mother spends all kinds of time trying to get everything "Just right" for their children. Well, guess where my eyes are drawn in this picture? to the Nascar bedding--hardly. Here lies my son asleep in his bed and before my eyes he is becoming a man. WHAT A MYSTERY.


Jacob keeps up with his older siblings in the basement games. In fact he has a reputation as one mean foosball player and a good partner in air hockey. When did he get so tall?
Jacob already knows how to drive because he's a farm kid. He helped us move the cattle home on Sunday by driving the Ram up behind the herd and keeping them moving.
Jacob is the biggest hunting fan in the family. He cleaned out the rabbits last winter and now is hoping to start in on the pheasants. He's been reading about pheasant hunting, though, and realizes that it's going to be a might bit harder than shooting rabbits. This is what he looked like the night that his papa gave him a brand new shotgun for his 14th birthday.
Generally quiet by nature, Jacob learns by watching. Here he has his nose stuck in Cora's current project.

How I love this gentle-hearted son of mine. Many times he strengthened me through my 3 year illness with a love pat and a prayer for me. It's so wonderful that now when he prays for his mom, his hands warm up from the Reiki power of God that flows through all who are willing to bless others with a loving touch of compassion. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACOB!!!! As the Bornemanns always say to each other on their birthdays, "Many more!"
Love always,
Mom

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

A lovely post! What a nice tribute to your son.

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...