Friday, November 6, 2009

Focusing on the Positive


The Lord absolutely amazes me!!! I mean it's like HE REALLY KNOWS MY NEEDS AT ALL TIMES. Last night Cora left for the weekend. That may seem like nothing to most of you but Cora and I are VERY close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've always been close as I chose to live for her (so that she would have my protection) instead of blowing my brains out when she wasn't even 2 years old so that's 21 years ago now. Then 3 years ago she repaid the favor by giving me 5 bee stings a day for a year. I'M TELLING YOU THAT SHE AND I ARE VERY CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This trip of Cora's to Montana with the Dagley family just seems like a terrible testing for me! I'm just going to be honest here and say that I truly am thankful that it's the Dagley's who are going to be coming home without their daughter instead of us. Yet I realize that the day most likely will come when it WILL be Robert and I who have an empty room in our house some day.
Still, it's not only that. My daughter is going to be the maid of honor in a wedding and I don't EVEN GET TO SEE HER!!!!!!!!!! Because of the dairy, we need to stay here and handle the chores so that we can't ever all go somewhere together. So be honest now, if your daughter/son was in a wedding party, wouldn't you want to go and see her/him in the wedding? I prayed a lot about this and feel strongly that I'm supposed to let her go alone and be her own person without me around. OUCH!!!!!!!!!! OH HELP, LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the fact that I've had repeated miscarriages must play a role in strengthening our mother/daughter bond. Every time one of my babies died, Cora grieved right along with me! She kept praying and praying with me that she'd have a little sister some day. It never happened and little by little we both had to give up that hope until now there is none at all. It is our shared sorrow and one that comes up frequently in her BodyTalk sessions. I pray that she will be completely at peace about miscarriages before her knight in shining armor appears.
Because we are so close, I do pray almost every day that she will settle nearby us on a farm with her husband. Still, I'm not so greedy as to want this at the expense of her misery! That's why when a totally unacceptable young neighbor was interested in her, I was able to accept Robert's advice. He said at that time, "Would you really want her living close by if you would have to see how miserable she was every day?" WHOA. NO--I WANT HER TO BE HAPPY MORE THAN I WANT HER TO BE CLOSE. However, my first choice would be to have her be happy nearby!!!
All of these thoughts tended to make my spirits heavy this morning, especially when I woke up to find Cora's room empty. That's why I said at the beginning of this post, that the Lord always knows what I need. After the boys and I finished chores this morning, I came in to find this forward from a friend. I laughed so hard and I knew that I should share these with others who may be heavy hearted this morning too. I pray that you will embrace the beauty of the day and the joy of the relationships that God DID put into your life today. I'm praying that for me too!!!
Sabbath blessings,
Dawn

Kids Are Quick
____________________________________


TEACHER: Maria, go to the map and find North America .

MARIA: Here it is.

TEACHER: Correct. Now class, who discovered America ?

CLASS: Maria.

____________________________________


TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?

JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables. __________________________________________


TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'

GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'

TEACHER: No, that's wrong

GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.. (I Love this kid) ____________________________________________


TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?

DONALD: H I J K L M N O.

TEACHER: What are you talking about?

DONALD: Yesterday you said it's H to O.

__________________________________


TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
WINNIE: Me!

__________________________________________


TEACHER: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?

GLEN: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are. _______________________________________


TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with ' I.

' MILLIE: "I is"...

TEACHER: No, Millie..... Always say, 'I am.'

MILLIE: All right... 'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.' ________________________________


TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?

LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand. ______________________________________


TEACHER: Now, Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?

SIMON: No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook. ______________________________


TEACHER: Clyde , your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same as your brother's. Did you copy his?

CLYDE : No, sir. It's the same dog.

___________________________________


TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?

HAROLD: A teacher

__________________________________


SHARE THIS WITH OTHERS AND MAKE SOMEONE LAUGH!
LAUGHTER IS THE SOUL'S MEDICINE!!

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...