Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Two homes


I don't know how many of you bloggers love your spot in cyberspace, but here lately I have become aware that I have a real fondness for A RAY OF HOPE. I suppose it's like what they say about babies--the more time that you give to your baby the more that you love it. It's just that it's the one place that I can go to that nobody messes with. You may not know this but, when you're the mom, you're forever picking things up after everybody? Well, I don't have to do that here and it is soooooooooo nice. :) So, I guess you could say that I have 2 homes. One is shown in the picture above and the other I created from the computer in this house--both are indispensable to my joy. :)

I've been busy preparing for my test to become a certified BodyTalk practitioner. Elizabeth, my BT practitioner called today and we set the date. It's to be on November 18th at 10:00 AM. Now that the date is settled, I feel so much better. I'm glad that it's almost a week later than I was anticipating so that's all the much longer to study and do sessions. So what that means is, in about 2 weeks I could be a CERTIFIED BodyTalk practitioner. I wish I could explain how much information is necessary to be mastered before one can wear that title. It's just overwhelming at times to think that I'll be able to recall it all under a moment of stress. PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!

Well it's late and, although I have more to say about my business, I'm going to just share the MORNING AND EVENING excerpt for this morning and say, "Good night. " This was such a blessing to me this morning and I trust that it will bless you too. Mr. Spurgeon had such a way of painting a word picture that is unforgettable!! The Scripture is Acts 9:11 "Behold, he prayeth."

Prayers are instantly noticed in Heaven. The moment Saul began to pray, the Lord heard him. Here is comfort for the distressed but praying soul. Oftentimes a poor broken-hearted one bends his knee, but can only utter his wailing in the language of sighs and tears; yet that groan has made all the harps of Heaven thrill with music; that tear has been caught by God and treasured in the lacnrymatory of heaven. "Thou puttest my tears into thy bottle,' implies that they are caught as they flow. The suppliant, whose fears prevent his words, will be well understood by the Most High. He may only look up with misty eyes; but prayer is the falling of a tear. Tears are the diamonds of heaven; sighs are a part of the music of Jehovah's courts, and are numbered with the "Sublimest strains that reach the majesty on high." Think not that your prayer, however weak or trembling, will be unregarded. Jacob's ladder is lofty, but our prayers shall lean upon the Angel of the covenant and so climb it's starry rounds. Our God not only HEARD prayer but also LOVES to hear it. "He forgetteth not the cry of the humble." True, He regards not high looks and lofty words; He cares not for the pomp and pageantry of kings; He listens not to the swell of martial music; He regards not the triumph and pride of man; but wherever there is a heart big with sorrow, or a lip quivering with agony, or a deep groan,or a penitential sigh, the heart of Jehovah is open; He marks it down in the registry of His memory; He puts our prayers, like rose leaves, between the pages of His book of remembrance, and when the volume is opened at last, there shall be a precious fragrance springing up therefrom.


'Faith asks no signal from the skies,

To show that prayers accepted rise,

Our Priest is in His holy place,

And answers from the throne of Grace."


I just spoke with a mother whose oldest child is moving out of their home tonight. Her tears were flowing and it was for her that I most wanted to share these thoughts. GOD DOES CARE ABOUT OUR BROKEN HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's a hug for you, sweet lady.


Blessings,


Dawn

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

That was beautiful. Thanks, Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...