Thursday, October 8, 2009

Appleseed Shoot Review 2

Kyle registering Cora on Saturday. Everyone has to sign a release form in order to be allowed on the firing line. I was soooooo impressed with all of the safety precautions that Appleseed takes but they have to. Like Alex said, "One accident and it's all over."
Andrew trucked a bunch of guys out to the range. It had rained almost an inch in the 3 days before the shoot so only 4 wheel drives could get through the mud. Thankfully the prairie had dried off before the shoot.


Andrew with his 2 buddies, the Bartlett boys. The big question in every one's mind around here now is, "I wonder if Andrew will accept Alex's invitation to put on the orange cap too?" The orange caps are worn by Instructors-in-Training. When they have assisted at 4 shoots and passed all of the tests, they are honored by being given a red hat of the Appleseed Instructor.

Preparing the firing line. We put down one of Robert's old semi tarps and then laid our blankets on top of that. It was dry all morning.


Then in the afternoon, it started to mist a bit. There were times that I looked up into the Heavens and said to God, "I don't understand this." Cora took this picture during one of those times with her lens all wet. Still, just when I started to think that we'd have to take a break, the rain quit and the sun shone again. PRAISE THE LORD!!!


I may post more pictures later today if I have time. If not, you'll have to wait for the conclusion until Monday as I'm off to class tomorrow.
I covet your prayers for this weekend as something tells me that it may be just as grueling as the shoot was. Trying to cram facts into one's brain for 3 days can be a bit daunting too.
Later,
Dawn

No comments:

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...