Wednesday, October 21, 2009

MC3-Day 6

Cora and I had such a lovely day together in Bismarck!!!! We did find some old-fashioned boots for her to wear when she's the maid of honor next month but--oops--I better not say that as I imagine that Cora will want to tell about it.

It was so nice to be with someone else who wasn't eating--it helped a LOT!!! It is amazing to me, though, how many times I found myself thinking about food. For instance, I like going to North Country Trucks where you can get used semi parts for about half price of new. Their new parts are less than the regular truck and trailer shops too.

Anyway, I like to go in there for 3 reasons. The first reason I have already mentioned and that is we save money buying there. Secondly, one of the workers in there named Randy, has become a friend who is always a joy to see. Last of all, they ALWAYS have popcorn in a popcorn machine that you can help yourself to.

We pulled up in front of North Country and I leaned over to ask Cora like I ALWAYS do, "Would
you like me to bring out some popcorn for you?" I caught myself before I asked and troubled her, but the thought was there.

Randy was so funny as I walked in the store. He picked up the pen as he greeted me and handed it to me. I looked a little puzzled but he said, "Robert said to have everything ready to go so that you don't have to poke around here when you come in." I laughed and signed the slip to charge the purchase. Can you believe that there's a store in Bismarck that will still let you charge? Of course, we've been buying from them for years.

Anyway, I was glad to get out of there fast as the popcorn machine was calling my name. How can it be that EVERYTHING smells and looks delicious when you're not eating? That happened all afternoon. GOOD GRIEF! IS FOOD ALL THAT I EVER THINK ABOUT? It was really nice to have Cora at Sam's Club where the fruit looked so wonderful. It also helped, though, that we have boxes of apples to get through here at home.

Anyway, the morning was great and I didn't even think about food as I did the BodyTalk session in my office. This is a favorite client, who grew up in Eureka too, and we had a great time together. It was also nice to visit with a fellow BodyTalker who was in Module 3 with me after Gwen left. She's quite a bit ahead of me in BT so it was great to be able to ask her some questions about the upper level modules.

Well, I didn't have time to do Clara's session this morning, as we were moving FAST, so I'd best get the milking things washed up so that I can get out to the barn early for her session. I wash up all of the calf bottles that we use to feed the baby calves. I use soap and peppermint oil as the milk smell is hard to overcome without the peppermint. Then I wash up the goat's milking buckets and the one that we bring the milk to the house with.

The bummer news of the day came in the form of a calf check from the sales barn. I can't believe that we raised those calves for a whole year and then got less than $300 apiece. FROWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

I realize that this is not one bit organized but I'm in a hurry and it's one of those, "Forget perfectionism or forget posting," moments.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your post seemed organized to me. Keep posting as I look forward to reading it each day!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly,
What a wonderful encourager you are.
Blessings,
Dawn

Have you Signed the Petition?

 Hi everyone,   The world is going crazy.  Hamas attacked Israel on October 7, 2023.  People were killed in their beds.  Women were raped.  ...